Union County Archery Range
Location: Located at Oak Ridge Park, Oak Ridge Road in Clark
Phone: 908-527-4900 | Emergencies: Call Union County Police at 908-654-9800
Union County’s first and only public archery range was built with the generous assistance of many volunteers in the archery community. Please help keep the facility clean, safe and fun.
Who can use the range: Archers who possess a current annual Union County Archery ID Card. Archery ID Cards are valid January 1 through December 31 of the current year and must be renewed annually.
Hours of Operation: Year-round, daily, dawn to dusk.
ID Card Fees:
- Adults: Union County Residents: $20; Out of County:$30
- Youth (17 & under): Union County Residents:$10; Out of County: $15
- Seniors (55 & over): Union County Residents:$10; Out of County: $15
- Residents of Edison Township pay Union County rates.
NEW Archery Photo ID Cards: Must be purchased in-person at the Westfield location of the Parks Reservation Desk
ID Card RENEWALS: Complete a new archery ID application, available on-line at www.ucnj.org or call a Parks Reservation Desk to have a form mailed to you. Indicate your expired ID number on the new form and mail it with your check or money order to either Union County Parks Reservation Desk address below.
|County of Union Parks & Community Renewal Parks Reservation Desk 10 Elizabethtown Plaza Administration Building Elizabeth, NJ 07207 (908) 527-4900||County of Union Parks & Community Renewal Parks Reservation Desk County Clerk’s Building 300 North Avenue East Westfield, NJ 07090 (908) 654-9805|
Archery Range Rules:
- Union County Archery ID Card must be prominently displayed on the Archer at all times.
- Equipment permitted: longbow, re-curve and compound bow only; limit 70lb. draw weight.
- Crossbow shooting is only allowed by physically challenged individuals with a medical note stating they are unable to use equipment permitted as described above.
- Personal equipment should be inspected by the individual or group and maintained for safe operation.
- Only target and field points are allowed on the range. No fixed or mechanical broad-heads allowed!
- No more than 6 arrows (1 end) will be shot at each relay.
- Relay time will not exceed 10 minutes.
- All shooting will be from the marked firing line only.
- Only straight in-lane shooting is permitted.
- No crossing shots, roving or clout.
- Individuals are responsible for supplying their own targets.
- Targets must be compatible with equipment.
- No hunting or firearms allowed.
- Union County Police reserve the right to confiscate any Archery ID card and revoke usage rights to any individual who does not comply with Archery Range rules.
Group Archery Safety Lesson Information:
- Registration Age & Class Fee: $20.00 per person. Group Safety lessons are open to ages 9 and over.
- Class space is limited; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-ons will not be accepted.
- Minimum 8 and maximum 24 participants per group. Union County reserves the right to cancel classes with less than 8 participants.
- Classes will be taught by a trained and certified USA Archery Instructor and/or a trained and certified 4-H National Archery Instructor.
- Lessons are 2 hours and include archery safety, proper equipment use and technique; please arrive 15 minutes early to check-in.
- Equipment for lessons will be provided by Union County.
- Upon successful completion of the class and a safety questionnaire, participants will be qualified to purchase a Union County Archery Range ID Card at an additional cost.
- Private Family and Small Group Lessons for 8 or fewer people are also available at a rate of $25 per person and will be scheduled at mutually agreeable times. Please e-mail email@example.com to schedule.
How to Qualify for a Union County Archery ID Card:
Archers must provide proof of having passed an archery course offered by any of the following organizations:
- National/State 4-H Shooting Sports Program
- National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA)
- National Archery Association (NAA)
- National Field Archery Association (NFAA)
- Boy / Girl Scout Archery Merit Badge Holder or Instructor
- Centershot Ministries
- Go Archery
- Society for Creative Anachronisms (SCA)
- International Bowmen’s Organization (IBO)
- National College Athletic Association (NCAA)
- USA Archery
- State issued Bow Hunters License or All-Around Hunters License
- Union County Archery Safety Questionnaire