Park Reservation Guidelines

In the event of an emergency, dispute or other problem that needs immediate attention during, or at the time of the reservation, please call the UNION COUNTY POLICE at (908) 654-9800. For other issues call the Department of Parks & Community Renewal during regular business hours at the number listed above.

PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF THE APPLICANT DURING PARK USE. Permits are issued at the discretion of the Director of the Union County Dept. of Parks & Community Renewal, and may be revoked at any time by a duly authorized representative of Union County.

  • Amplification is not allowed without permission, which may require the purchase of a Special Event Permit and the hiring of Union County Police Officers at the prevailing overtime rate, to be paid in advance by the permit holder. Permission for amplification shall be indicated on the permit and shall be played in a manner so as the noise from the amplification can not be heard more than 25 feet from the source of the amplification.
  • Use or hook-up to electric outlets or water spigots in or on County buildings and facilities is prohibited.
  • Ground or Property Damage: The permit holder will be held responsible for the cost to repair ground and property damage caused by the permit holder’s use of the area. Excessive litter may be cause for revocation of future permit rights.
  • Dogs must be on a leash not exceeding six feet. Clean-up laws apply.
  • Metal Detectors are prohibited. Feeding of Wildlife is prohibited.


  • Picnic Reservation fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. In the event of inclement weather call (908) 527-4900 within 2 business days after your picnic. Another reservation will be arranged for your group, or a credit, good for one (1) year, will be issued. Purchasing a Picnic Reservation for a “rain date” is no different than purchasing any other Picnic Reservation. “Rain date” reservations are NON-REFUNDABLE and will not be credited if not used.
  • Permit holders must occupy their picnic area by 11:00 AM on Weekends & Holidays. After 11:00 AM the area is first-come, first-served, and may result in forfeiture of the area by the permit holder. No refund or credit will be issued. There is not time limit on Weekdays other than what may be specified on the permit.
  • Facility Entry: The purchase of a Picnic Reservation Permit does not entitle the bearer to enter or participate in any facility or activity where there is a separate admission fee. Facility or activity fees must be paid at the time of entry.
  • Attractions such as pony rides, inflatable attractions, face painters, clowns, magicians, etc., must be specified on the permit and may be subject to specific policies and insurance requirements. Attractions must be set up within picnic area boundaries; no more than 2 attractions are allowed with any picnic. Petting zoos are prohibited.
  • Groups with 300 or more people may be required to apply for a Special Event Permit.
  • Charcoal grills (other than those provided in picnic areas) must be a commercially approved type, and are permitted in areas designated for charcoal or barbecue cooking. Completely extinguish all fires before leaving the area.
  • Sales: Food, novelties and admissions may not be sold.
  • Vehicles: Vehicles, including catering trucks, are not permitted on grass areas or internal park paths and roads without specific permission. Vehicles must be driven and parked in or on areas intended for such use.
  • Tents: Only small shade or pop-up tents, measuring up to 12 foot square, are allowed. Large “event tents” may be allowed with specific permission, and may require the purchase of a Special Event Permit.
  • Catering trucks / businesses must be approved and noted on the Picnic Reservation Permit.


  • Beer & Wine Permits are NON-REFUNDABLE and may only be purchased with Picnic Reservation Permits and specifically approved Special Event Permits.
  • Beer Sales: Be advised that the State of NJ, Department of Public Safety, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Regulatory Bureau, requires that: the sale of alcoholic beverages, which includes the delivery of such beverages where there is an admission fee, required donations, assessments, direct charge for a drink through cash or pre-purchased tickets or inclusion of same where there is a charge for food or entertainment, can only be lawfully conducted pursuant to a social Affair’s Permit issued by the Director, Divison of Alcoholic Beverage Control. The procedure and requirements in conjunction with such permits are set forth in a Division regulation, N.J.A.C. 12:2-5-1., Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Trenton, NJ.


  • Athletic Field Permit fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. The person, team or organization named on the permit is responsible for the actions of the persons using the field under the terms of the permit, as well as the people attending games or events pertaining to the permit.
  • Field Conditions & Playability: It is the permit holder’s obligation to call (908) 558-4079 after 3:30 PM on the day of the game to confirm field playability. If fields are not playable, reschedule by calling (908) 527-4900 the next business day. If the Dept. of Parks & Community Renewal is unable to reschedule your game, you will be given a credit.
  • Possession of Permit: Permits are non-transferable to any other team, organization or person. A copy of the permit must be in possession of the permit holder or its designated representative during all times of field usage.
  • Field Lining: The Dept. of Parks & Community Renewal makes every attempt to line fields on a weekly basis (more when possible) however the purchase of an Athletic Field Permit does not guarantee that fields will be newly lined.