The following is a summary of the Athletic Field Use & Permit Guidelines.
The complete Athletic Field Use & Permit Guidelines will be provided with your Athletic Field Use Request Form and must be signed as part of the athletic field use and permit request process.
In order to accommodate as many requests as possible with a finite number of fields and available dates, the following information/instructions, at minimum, must be adhered to by ALL requestors:
Prior to issuance of a permit, the following information, with no exceptions, must be submitted to the Department of Parks and Community Renewal:
- Completed Athletic Field Use Request Form. The person making the request must submit a clear copy of his/her valid New Jersey Driver’s License. In lieu of a valid New Jersey Driver’s License, a copy of a current Public Utility Bill or Lease showing a current date and the person’s address will be accepted.
- Copy of Certificate of Liability Insurance listing the “County of Union” as additionally insured in the amount of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00), Combined Single Limit, covering Property Damage and Bodily Injury.
- Practice, League, Game or Tournament Schedule.
- Payment of rental fee, deposit, and all other applicable services. Make checks payable to “County of Union.”
The Athletic Field Use Request form is a reservation request only. Your reservation is complete only when you have a received a confirmation from an Athletic Field staff member.
To ensure that we provide the best possible service for field reservations, requests and payments must be submitted at least 10 working days in advance of the date(s) you are reserving the field(s). We will consider requests with less than a 10 day lead time, but reserve the right to refuse field use due to time constraints.
Requests will not be accepted by phone. All requests must be submitted on an Athletic Field Use Request Form.
In requesting uses of fields, please be realistic. Do not ask for field uses in excess of group requirements.
Fields open April 1. No permits will be issued prior to April 1.
The Spring-Summer Season is from April 1 through August 31.
The Fall Season is from September 1 through December 1
Athletic Field Permit fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Booking of athletic fields in order of first priority are as follows:
- All Union County Schools receive first priority during their respective seasons for interscholastic competition. School games should be completed by 6:00 p.m.
- Union County Municipal Recreation Departments.
- Organized Union County Youth Teams which utilized the fields the previous year.
- Organized Union County Adult Leagues which utilized the fields the previous year.
- New requests from youth leagues in Union County.
- New requests from adult groups or leagues in Union County,
- New individual/team requests.
No additional requests will be granted to a group or league unless sufficient fields exist.
Fields open April 1st. No permits will be issued prior to April 1st.
The Spring-Summer Season is from April 1 through August 31st.
The Fall Season is from September 1st through December 1st.
Baseball and Softball Fields will be reserved in 3 hour time slots:
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. – Dark
Soccer Fields will be reserved in 2 hour time slots:
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.; 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Please contact the Reservation Office for details about lighted baseball and Soccer fields.
All fees are subject to change by ordinance established by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders.