Trailside Nature & Science Center Teacher Training Workshops
- Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space permits.
- Earn 6 NJDOE credits with each workshop.
- Hand-on activities designed for integration into existing courses of study for formal and non-formal educators, K-12.
- Program time is 9 AM – 3 PM; registration begins at 8:45 AM.
- Fee: $10 per person
- Fee includes morning refreshments with registration and workshop guidebooks. Bring lunch.
- To register: Complete a registration form and mail with check to Trailside Nature & Science Center, 452 New Providence Road, Mountainside, NJ 07092. Make check payable to County of Union. Visa/MasterCard/Discover and AMEX accepted in person.
Teacher Training Workshop: Project Learning Tree “PLT”
Thursday, May 1 9 AM – 3 PM
PLT is a nationally recognized activity guide that provides educators with tools for increasing student environmental awareness. Whether you are a formal or informal educator, PLT activities will engage your students in interdisciplinary, hands-on experiences that develop skills in problem solving, evaluation and research. Participants receive six (6) NJDOE professional development credits. Morning refreshments provided. Bring: a lunch. Fee: $10/IC or O/C, includes activity guide with over 100 lessons