Trailside Nature & Science Center Teacher Training Workshops
- Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space permits.
- Earn 6 NJDOE credits with each workshop.
- Hand-on activities designed for integration into existing courses of study for formal and non-formal educators, K-12.
- Program time is 9 AM – 3 PM; registration begins at 8:45 AM.
- Fee: $20 per person
- Fee includes morning refreshments with registration and workshop guidebooks. Bring lunch.
- To register: Complete a registration form and mail with check to Trailside Nature & Science Center, 452 New Providence Road, Mountainside, NJ 07092. Make check payable to County of Union. Visa/MasterCard/Discover and AMEX accepted in person.
Teacher Training Workshop: Project WILD/Aquatic WILD
Thursday, March 6, 2014 9AM-3PM
Project WILD and Aquatic WILD are wildlife-focused conservation education programs for K-12 educator and their students. The hands-on activities in these guides are designed for integration into existing courses of study for formal and non-formal educators, K-12. Based on the premise that young people and educators alike have an interest in learning about our natural world, this program underscores wildlife’s intrinsic value, and addresses the need for us all to be responsible stewards of our planet. By attending a workshop you will receive the Project WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide and Project Aquatic WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide. Participants will earn 6 (six) NJDOE credits for this workshop. Light morning refreshments are provided. Please bring your lunch.