About the Office
Manuel Ramirez, Coordinator
Organizationally under the Department of Human Services, Division of Outreach and Advocacy
- To provide recreational and social opportunities for residents living with special needs including physical, cognitive and developmental challenges;
- To provide outreach to community groups and organizations to identify needs and interests of persons and families living with special needs as an opportunity to design effective programs;
- To develop additional resources to fund programs targeting engagement of persons living with special needs;
- To identify and implement an effective means of communication to educate community residents on programs and social events available such as yoga, ceramics, zumba, cooking, golf, swimming, sensory friendly theatre shows, a carnival and a barn dance.
Register online these programs
330 Helen Street, Linden
Tuesdays, December 4 & 11, 7pm – 8:15pm
710 South Avenue, Westfield
Saturday, December 8 , 9:30am – 11:00am
YMCA of Fanwood – Scotch Plains
1340 Martine Avenue, Scotch Plains
Tuesdays, until December 18, 7pm – 8pm
The Department of Human Service’s Office for the Disabled provides information and referral on a wide variety of topics, including: Accessibility, ADA, Education, Employment, Housing, Transportation, Rehabilitation and more.
For further information, please call the Office for the Disabled
Monday through Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
908-527-4845 TTY please dial 711
* Program (if marked *) is made possible by funding through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant Program.
** Program (if marked **) is made possible by funding from the NJ Department of Community Affairs, through a Recreational Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities Grant.