Christina M. Topolosky, Assistant Director
Phone: 908-527-4839 or 908-527-4861
The mission of the Union County Department of Human Services is to coordinate and deliver quality, cost-effective programs and services that recognize and respond to quality-of-life needs of Union County’s elderly, poor, underemployed and youth populations. The Division of Planning’s responsibility is to facilitate provision of a wide variety of countywide social and supportive service programs, including but not limited to, those homeless assistance services made available by local provider agencies.
The Continuum of Care/Homeless (CoC/H) unit provides information and referral on safety-net services to promote self-sufficiency. Services are contracted with community and faith-based agencies specializing in homeless services (including homeless prevention). Staff support for the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Systems and Continuum of Care (CEAS/CoC) Committee is also provided. To join CEAS/CoC Committee and/or be added to the distribution list: please check out the Agency Contact & Voting Representative Information Form.
The CEAS/CoC Committee usually meets the 2nd Thursday of every month (unless otherwise indicated*), starting in January. Please note that CEAS/CoC does not meet during the months of July and August. The 2016 meeting schedule is as follows:
|January 12||9:30 a.m.||Gateway Family YMCA|
135 Madison Ave, Elizabeth
|March 9||9:30 a.m.||Family Promise|
402 Union Ave., Elizabeth
|May 11||9:30 a.m.||Plainfield Area YMCA|
518 Watchung Ave., Plainfield
|June 8||9:30 a.m.||Salvation Army|
1005 East Jersey St., Elizabeth
|September 22||9:30 a.m.||Ruth Fellowship Ministries|
733 S 2nd St., Plainfield
|October 12||9:30 a.m.||Community Access Unlimited|
80 W. Grand Street, Elizabeth
|November 9||9:30 a.m.||To be determined.|
Note that location/time is subject to change. If you have any questions, please contact the CEAS/CoC Committee support staff at (908) 527-4861.
Proposed Agenda for the next CEAS/CoC meeting: Agenda Thursday October 12 2017
- Call for Ltr of Intent for New Project(s)
- Application Submission
- The ranking recommendations were reviewed and approved at the September 22, 2017 CEAS/CoC Committee meeting.
The Union County 24-Hour Homeless Hotline is: (908) 756-6061
For information about Foreclosure Assistance, please check out the Foreclosure Resources, provided by the Union County Foreclosure Task Force.
For information about the Code Blue Homeless Emergency Shelter Initiative, please check out the Code Blue website.
- NJ 2-1-1 – http://www.nj211.org/
- NJ Helps – http://www.njhelps.org/
- NJ Find a Ride – http://www.njfindaride.org/
- Legal Services of NJ – http://www.lsnjlaw.org/
- NJ Anti-Hunger Coalition – http://www.njahc.org
- NJ Housing Resource Center – http://www.njhrc.gov
- NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse – http://www.njgroups.org/
- Anti-Poverty Network of NJ – http://www.antipovertynetwork.org/
- NJ Housing Resource Center – http://www.njhousing.gov/
- NJ Family Care (health insurance program) – http://www.njfamilycare.org
- Affordable Care Act (health insurance program) – https://www.healthcare.gov
- NJ Community Resources – http://www.njcommunityresources.info/
- NJ Department of Human Services – http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/
- NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency – http://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/
- NJ Dept. of Community Affairs–Div. of Housing & Community Resources –http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/index.shtml
Staff Contacts for the CoC/H Unit:
- 908-527-4861 (Homeless & Homeless Prevention Information/Referral)
- 908-527-4841 (Homeless & Homeless Prevention Information/Referral)
- 908-527-4837 (Continuum of Care & Information/Referral)
- 908-527-4311 (Continuum of Care & Information/Referral)