To obtain a passport for an adult (16 or older), the applicant must appear in person and the following items are required:
- Certified long form birth certificate showing applicant and parents names with a raised seal*
- A naturalization or citizenship certificate, if applicable
- One passport photo 2×2 inches in size
- A valid driver’s license or three types of identification and a witness
- Fees, please see fee schedule on left
*PLEASE NOTE: Birth records previously issued by the Jersey City/Hudson County Office of Vital Statistics are no longer accepted by the federal government when applying for a U.S. Passport. For more information about these birth records, visit www.state.nj.us/health/vital/jerseycity.shtml.