Union County Continuum of Care/Homeless Unit
The mission of the Union County Department of Human Services is to coordinate and deliver quality, cost-effective programs and services that recognize and respond to quality-of-life needs of Union County’s elderly, poor, underemployed and youth populations. The Division of Planning’s responsibility is to facilitate provision of a wide variety of countywide social and supportive service programs, including but not limited to, those homeless assistance services made available by local provider agencies.
The Union County Continuum of Care/Homeless (CoC/H) unit provides information and referral on safety-net services to promote self-sufficiency. Services are contracted with community and faith-based agencies specializing in homeless services (including homeless prevention). Staff support for the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Systems and Continuum of Care (CEAS/CoC) Committee is also provided. To join CEAS/CoC Committee and/or be added to the distribution list: please check out the Agency Contact & Voting Representative Information Form.
The CEAS/CoC Committee usually meets the 2nd Thursday of every month (unless otherwise indicated*), starting in January. Please note that CEAS/CoC does not meet during the months of July and August. The 2013 meeting schedule is as follows:
Proposed Agenda for the next CEAS/CoC meeting: Thursday, January 16th.
2013 SuperNOFA Continuum of Care Consolidated Application submission
Approved at the 1/16/2014 CEAS/CoC Committee meeting.
The Union County 24-Hour Homeless Hotline is: (908) 756-6061
For information about Foreclosure Assistance, please check out the Foreclosure Resources, provided by the Union County Foreclosure Task Force.
For information about the Code Blue Homeless Emergency Shelter Initiative, please check out the Code Blue website.
- NJ 2-1-1 – http://www.nj211.org/
- NJ Helps – http://www.njhelps.org/
- End Hunger NJ – http://www.endhungernj.org/
- NJ Housing Resource Center – http://www.njhousing.gov/
- NJ Community Resources – http://www.njcommunityresources.info/
- NJ Department of Human Services – http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/
- NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency – http://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/
- NJ Dept. of Community Affairs–Div. of Housing & Community Resources - http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/index.shtml
Contacts for the CoC/H Unit:
- 908-527-4861 (Homeless Prevention Information & Referral)
- 908-527-4841 (Homeless Prevention Information & Referral)
- 908-527-4837 (Continuum of Care)
- 908-527-4311 (Continuum of Care)