Services for Veterans

Provided by the Union County Clerk

Identification Cards 908-659-7403
A courtesy identification card is available to all veterans who have filed their honorable military discharge papers, form DD-214, at the Union County Clerk’s Office

Military Discharges 908-659-7403
Copies of Honorable Discharge form DD-214 previously files with the County Clerk are available upon request.

Veterans’ Peddlers Licenses 908-527-4963
Veterans who are union County residents may apply for a Veterans’ Peddlers License at no charge

Letter from the Union County Clerk…

Dear Veterans,
We are pleased to provide you information about services for Veterans.  The County Clerk’s Office provides all Union County veterans with a free personalized card containing their veteran discharge information.  This wallet-sized ID card is available if your Certificate of Honorable and or DD 214 Form is recorded at this office.  The card includes your name, location of the recorded document and the date of recording.  It is convenient to use as proof of service in the Armed Forces, a requirement for certain veteran’s tax, educational and death benefits.
If your discharge papers have never been recored, you may bring the orginal document to the Clerk’s Office.  A photocopy of the document does not meet the legal requirment and cannot be accepted for recording.  Bring or send your ogiginal document to us.  It wil copied for recording in the index of Union County Veterans, a bound book which is only avaliable to veterans and their immediate families.  The orginal will then be returned to you.
We do not charge a fee to provide the ID.  To obtain the card please come to the Clerk’s Office located in the U.C. Courthouse, 2 Broad Street, Room 114, Elizabeth between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.  We will be please to asst you.  In the meantime please contact us at 908-527-4787 should you have any questions or concerns.


Joanne Rajoppi
Union County Clerk