FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 23, 2008
CONTACT: Wayne Avery, 908-527-4742
Sebastian D’Elia, 908-527-4419
Union County Freeholder Chairman Angel G. Estrada has announced plans for the 2008 Milling and Resurfacing Project throughout Union County.
“Keeping our roads in top condition ensures our residents and those traveling through our area a safe and enjoyable driving experience,” said Chairman Estrada.
Beginning in July the county will resurface 12.4 miles of roadway under the program. The work will take place throughout the summer and will be complete in September. Work is scheduled for the following locations:
- Plainfield Avenue from Mountain Avenue to Springfield Avenue in Berkeley Heights.
- Plainfield Avenue from Emerson Avenue to Drift Road in Berkeley Heights.
- Glenside Avenue, 700 feet West of McMane Avenue to Union County Culvert Su27 (approximately 1500 feet East of intersection of W.R. Tracy Drive), Berkeley Heights & Summit.
- Glenside Avenue, US Route I-78 westbound on-ramp (East of I-78 Bridge) to Baltusrol Road, Summit.
- Madison Hill Road from Raritan Road to Reservoir, Clark. Magie Avenue from New Jersey State Highway Route 439 (Elmora Avenue) to Summit Road, Elizabeth.
- Magie Avenue from Browning Avenue to Green Lane, Elizabeth.
- Rahway Avenue from Broad Street to New Jersey State Highway Route 27 (Cherry Street), Elizabeth.
- Terrill Road from LaGrande Avenue to King Street, Fanwood and Plainfield.
- Boulevard from Dorset Drive to Michigan Avenue, Kenilworth.
- Stiles Street from Elizabeth Avenue to Elm Street, Linden.
- Rahway River Park, Entire Loop & Access Roads, Rahway.
- Sky top Drive from Valley Road to Glenside Avenue, Berkeley Heights and Scotch Plains.
- Mountain Avenue from Morris Avenue to Primrose Place, Summit.
- Salem Road from Meade Terrace to Huguenot Avenue, Union.
The cost of the resurfacing project, which is estimated to cost $3.697 million, will be paid for in part by a $3.5 million dollar grant from the New Jersey Department of Transportation.