For Immediate Release: July 3, 2014
County of Union Begins Wifi Service at Wheeler Park
Linden’s Wheeler Park first of six installations Countywide as part of
Freeholder Chairman Hudak’s initiatives
WHEELER PARK, LINDEN, NJ—-The County of Union today activated the first of a series of Countywide WIFI installations at the park’s John Russell Wheeler Pool and the nearby playground as part of Freeholder Chairman Christopher Hudak’s initiatives for 2014.
“Pool and playground users at Wheeler Park now are able to access the web-based information and services they need when they need it—for free,” Freeholder Chairman Christopher Hudak said. “Whether it is surfing the web poolside, mapping out the day, setting alarms at home, or posting photos of their children in action, it now becomes a reality for our residents.”
While the pool opens and closes seasonally, WIFI service will be available year-round at the park’s playground, Hudak noted.
Other scheduled installations that will occur throughout the year include:
- The Union County Clerk’s Office at the Colleen Fraser Building at the Public Safety Complex on North Avenue in Westfield. WIFI service will be up and functioning tomorrow.
- Nomahegan Park playground, Cranford. WIFI service will be available tomorrow.
- Trailside Nature and Science Center in Mountainside: WIFI service is anticipated to begin by the end of July, and will include classrooms.
- Warinanco (Park) Skating facility, Roselle—WIFI service will be installed and ready in September.
- Walter Ulrich Memorial Pool at Rahway River Park: installation will be completed by the end of the Summer season.
Logging on to Union County’s service is easy for WIFI-enabled devices, such as Apple I-Phones and I-pads, Android-based phones and tablets and any other WIFI capable devices. Merely find the WIFI settings and make sure it is turned on. Select “Union County Wi-Fi” as the connection to join. Follow on screen agreements and enjoy.
WIFI service will be free. Safety features are also in place, including having the users to re-login periodically to discourage downloading or streaming of large files which may cause the performance and bandwidth to decrease for other patrons who may be logged on at the same time.