FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 25, 2014
Contact: Sebastian D’Elia, 908-527-4419
Tina Casey, 908-527-4346
Eleven Women Lauded for Outstanding Achievement in Union County
Union County, NJ – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce the ten recipients of the 2014 Women of Excellence Awards. The awardees will be honored at the 22nd annual Women of Excellence dinner on Friday, March 21, at Galloping Hill Caterers in Union.
“The Women of Excellence award celebrates the rich contributions of women to the quality of life in Union County,” said Freeholder Chairman Christopher Hudak. “Our ten honorees represent all those who uplift our community through their professional achievements, their work in advocacy efforts, and their volunteer services.”
The Commission on the Status of Women is sponsored by The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Each year, awards are given in different fields including education, health care, the arts, government, business, law, community service, technology, humanitarianism, public service, women’s advocacy, and lifetime achievement.
Residents of Union County and out-of-county residents who are active in Union County affairs are both eligible for the award.
The honorees for 2014 are:
- Debora Brody of Scotch Plains: Business
- Marilyn Coplan of Linden: Lifetime Community Service
- Kathleen DiChiara of Summit: Community Service
- Carolyn Dorfman of Short Hills: Arts & Humanities (Carolyn Dorfman Dance Co., Union)
- Trisha Espinoza of Rahway: Women’s Advocacy
- Colleen Gialanella of Scotch Plains: Government
- Geraldine Hickey of Berkeley Heights: Medicine/Health Care
- Donna Hofer of Franklin: Education (Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District)
- Bernice Jalloh of Franklin: Law (Kantor & Jalloh, LLC, Union)
- LaTia McNeeley-Sandiford, MSW: Entrepreneurship (Union)
- Mary Robinson of Madison: Mental Health Advocacy (Imagine, A Center for Coping with Loss, Westfield)
Tickets for this year’s annual Women of Excellence awards dinner are available at $45 per person. For more information and to purchase tickets, contact Madeline Brigantino at the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholder offices, 908-527-4144 or email@example.com.