FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 28, 2013
Contact: Sebastian D’Elia, 908-527-4419
Natalie Pineiro, 908527-4035
Women Honored for Outstanding Achievement in Union County
Union County – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce the 2013 recipients of the Women of Excellence Awards. The honorees will be celebrated at the 21st annual Women of Excellence dinner on Friday, March 22, 2013 at Galloping Hill Caterers, 325 Chestnut St in Union.
“The Freeholder Board is proud to support the Commission in recognizing the dedication and service of women to their community,” said Freeholder Chairman Linda Carter. “This year’s nominees are an inspiration to all of us, and I hope that in highlighting their work others will be moved to do the same.”
The Women of Excellence Awards, supported by the Union County Freeholder Board, are presented to recognize and honor distinguished women who reside or work in Union County. The candidates are nominated based on their achievements and the impact of their work on the County of Union in areas like Arts and Humanities, Business, Community Service, Education, Government, Law, Medicine/Health Care and/or Women’s Advocacy.
The 2013 honorees and their respective categories are:
- Capt. Roxann Banek of Clark- Law Enforcement
- Eileen Birch of Union- Government
- Andrea Carbine of Cranford– Entrepreneur
- Larissa DePalma of Westfield– Mental Health Advocacy
- Christine Ferdinand of Morris Township, works in New Providence– Community Service
- Dr. Darlene Gibbon of Westfield– Medicine
- Rita Greco of Linden– Arts and Humanities
- Robin Ince of Westfield- Health Education
- Ellen McNally of Morristown, works in Summit – Community Health
- Theresa Mullen, Esq.of Scotch Plains- Law
Tickets for the dinner are available at $45.00 per person by contacting Carol Lombardo, 908-789-0508.
For more information on any Union County press release, please contact Sebastian D’Elia, Communications Director for the County of Union, or a designee listed at the top of this press release. Please join the County of Union online at www.ucnj.org, on Facebook at www.ucnj.org/facebook, and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/countyofunionnj.