FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 8, 2012
Contact: Sebastian D’Elia, 908-527-4419
Natalie Pineiro, 908527-4035
Women Honored for Outstanding Achievement in Union County
Union County – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce the 2012 recipients of the Women of Excellence Awards. The honorees will be celebrated at the 20th annual Women of Excellence dinner on Friday, March 23, 2012 at The Westwood, 438 North Avenue in Garwood.
“The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders is proud to support the Commission in recognizing these women for their outstanding accomplishments,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “They have been an influential and integral part of our community and are positive examples of dedication and strong leadership.”
The Women of Excellence Awards, supported by the Union County Freeholder Board, are presented to recognize and honor distinguished women who reside or work in Union County. The candidates are nominated based on their achievements and the impact of their work on the County of Union in areas like Arts and Humanities, Business, Community Service, Education, Government, Law, Medicine/Health Care and Women’s Advocacy.
The 2012 honorees and their respective categories are:
- Amy Carow of Scotch Plains- Youth Leadership
- Helen Genova, Ph.D. of Union – Health Sciences
- Elizabeth Gloeggler of Plainfield – Volunteerism
- Ruth Maloney of Westfield – Community Service
- Dr. Margaret McMenamin of Springfield – Education
- Eleanor McGovern of Fanwood – Government
- Deborah Palacio of Cranford – Entrepreneurship
- Julie Pinho of Warren- Business Owner
- Rosalind Straus of Union – Lifetime Achievement
- Captain Cynthia Weber of East Windsor- Law Enforcement
Tickets for the dinner are available at $45.00 per person by contacting Carol Lombardo, 908-789-0508.
For more information on any Union County press release, please contact Sebastian D’Elia, Communications Director for the County of Union, or a designee listed at the top of this press release. Please join the County of Union online at www.ucnj.org, on Facebook at www.ucnj.org/facebook, and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/countyofunionnj.