RFP/Availability of Funds Opportunity

Economic Development

Home Investment Partnership Program

Opening March 19, 2019 1:30 pm

March 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Vendor Opportunity #2019-34

Excel documents corrected; Opening date extended

Request Form

Public Notice





Notice is hereby given that the County of Union will receive and open proposals on Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 at 1:30 pm in the Union County Administration Building, 10 Elizabethtown Plaza, Department of Economic Development, Community Development Conference Room, 3rd  Floor, Elizabeth, NJ, for:





Proposals are being solicited through a fair and open process in accordance with N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4.

This notice solicits proposals from providers of housing for the purpose of providing affordable housing for the residents of Union County. The County intends to invest HOME funds and/or technical assistance into projects that further expand the availability of affordable housing through rental new construction, rental rehabilitation, homebuyer assistance or homebuyer rehabilitation for low income persons.

The Program is designed to form partnerships with non-profit organizations and private developers committed to affordable housing, and may be mixed-income and/or mixed use. The County reserves the right to negotiate the amount and form of any investments(s) with any number of partners in order to achieve its affordable housing goals.

This notice announces that approximately $2,000,000.00 may be available from the General Investment Pool for Affordable Housing (HOME Program). In addition approximately, $456,000.00 will be available for activities provided by Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO).  HOME Investment Partnerships Program funding is governed by the federal National Affordable Housing Act; further information is available in the Application Package. The County reserves the right to amend, modify or waive conditions of RFP and/or reject any or all proposals.


Requests for Proposals (RFP) may be obtained either by downloading the proposal from the County’s Webpage http://ucnj.org/vendor-opportunities/rfqs-and-rfps/current or from the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, Department of Economic Development – Bureau of Housing, Union County Administration Building, 3rd Floor, 10 Elizabethtown Plaza, Elizabeth, New Jersey during normal business hours between 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, February 12th, 2019. Proposals may be mailed upon request by calling Carolyn Sullivan Kropp in the Office of the County Counsel at (908) 527.4250.  All questions regarding the RFP must be made in writing no later than 3 business days prior to the opening. Questions may be faxed to (908) 289.4230 or emailed to csullivan@ucnj.org 


All information requested in the RFP must be provided or the proposal may be disqualified.  Proposals must be sealed and labeled “PROPOSAL FOR HOME INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM”. Proposals must be made in the form required by the specifications and one (1) original and four (5) copies of the Application Package must be received by 1:30 PM on March 12th, 2019. Proposals submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.


Packages may be received prior to due date and should be addressed to:    

            Carolyn Sullivan Kropp, Esq.

            Office of the County Counsel

            10 Elizabethtown Plaza, 5th Floor

Elizabeth, NJ 07207




The Board of Chosen Freeholders reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to waive any informality in the RFP process, and to accept any proposals which, in their judgment, are most advantageous, price and other factors considered, and will best serve the interest of Union County.


Proposers are required to comply with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and

 N.J.A.C. 17:27.


Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 17:44-2.2, the vendor shall maintain all documentation related to products, transactions or services under this contract for a period of five (5) years from the date of final payment. Such records shall be made available to the New Jersey Office of the State Comptroller upon request.