Union County Commission on the Status of Women
Women of Excellence Award Nomination Form
Sponsored by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders
To recognize annually, women who live or work in Union County and have distinguished themselves by making major contributions in one or more of the following categories: Arts and Humanities; Business/Entrepreneurial; Community Service; Education; Government; Law; Law Enforcement; Lifetime Achievement, Medicine/Health Care; and/or Women’s Advocacy.
Criteria for Consideration
- Nominee must reside in or be employed in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have made accomplishments and demonstrated outstanding achievements in one or more of the above categories
- Nominator must include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding achievements in the above named categories and reasons why the nominee should be considered for the annual Women of Excellence Award
- Nominator must indicate how the nominee has made a difference or improved the lives of Union County residents or employees based in Union County
- Open to all women, 21 years or older, who either work or live in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have exemplary performance and/or results in their nominated category
- Previous nominees may be re-nominated
- Previous Women of Excellence recipients are ineligible
- Engraved Women of Excellence Plaque
- Resolution presented by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders
- Award recipient is a guest of honor at the annual Women of Excellence Award Dinner
- Nominator’s statement (please paste or attach pages below - maximum of three pages):
- Please state why the nominee should receive the Women of Excellence Award
- Please include description of nominee’s contributions, and corresponding event date(s)
- Please state the benefits others have received as a result of this nominee’s efforts and contributions
- Please include any feedback given by persons who have benefited by the nominee’s outstanding achievement or efforts
Letters of Support
Additional letters of support are not required, but highly recommended, and should be submitted if they are necessary to support the nominee’s contributions/achievements as stated. Nominator/nominee may include up to three letters of support, for example:
- Benefactor of nominee’s achievements or efforts
Please use the online submission form below, however, if you wish, you can physically mail us supportive documentation to the address below, no later than December 3, 2018.
Department of Human Services
Division of Outreach and Advocacy
10 Elizabethtown Plaza
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207
Shortly after the deadline has passed, the nominator will be receiving a letter from the Commission whether or not the nominee has been accepted as a recipient of the Women of Excellence Award.
The 2019 Women of Excellence Award Dinner is scheduled for 6:30 PM, Friday, March 29, 2019 at the Gran Centurions, 440 Madison Hill Road in Clark, NJ
The online entry system is now closed. Please contact Elizabeth Sebring at firstname.lastname@example.org for any submission questions.