Initial Round of Program would provide grants up to $20,000 for impacted small businesses with 25 or less employees
The Union County Freeholder Board today announced the initial-round launch of the Union County Covid-19 Relief Grant Program for small businesses that have been impacted by the health emergency.
The grant program will make available a total of $2 million in CARES Act relief funds. Out of this funding, the program will provide grants up to $20,000 to eligible small businesses to cover three month’s rent, property mortgage, utility and insurance expenses. The grant will be available to small businesses located within the boundaries of Union County with 25 or less employees prior to the COVID emergency.
“Union County’s small businesses are the life-blood of our communities and our downtowns,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “These businesses, which contribute so much to our quality of life as a whole, have been devastated by the COVID-19 emergency and need our assistance. The survival of these businesses is vital to Union County, and we encourage our small businesses to apply for a grant once the program is available.”
The Union County Covid-19 Relief Grant Program is funded by the COVID- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act Federal relief fund. The County of Union will begin accepting applications for the program through an online portal beginning Thursday at 10 a.m., July 16th at www.ucnj.org/covid-grant (this page on the bottom) Questions about the County’s grant programs can be sent to email@example.com
Please complete the following checklist before proceeding to the application. This will ensure you have all the required documentation ready and qualify for the grant.
- Prior to COVID, did your business employee 25 or less people?
- You will be required to provide images or pdfs of the following documents if you are requesting reimbursement(s).
- Copy of signed lease.
- Copy of note/mortgage.
- Copy of W-9(s)
- Copies of the Gas/Electric, Telephone, Water, Cable/Internet and/or Insurance bills.
- Cancelled check or statement from landlord/mortgage lender for March, April and May.
- Business Registration Certificate, certificate of incorporation or formation and most recent tax return
- Good Standing Certificate
- Detailed statement regarding convictions, if applicable
- Certifications relating to any business recognitions, if applicable.
The application registration is now closed. To register for future grant opportunity notifications for your business, please use the form below: