• Effective Monday March 16th, the Paratransit System be available only for necessary medical trips.
Try to be flexible, in your appointment time. You may be asked to change your appointment day or time. Please remember we are a shared ride service that is not able to meet the needs of all residents at all times. We appreciate your cooperation so that we may best accommodate your request.
If possible, make your appointments for the middle of the day when the system is least busy.
Many municipalities provide transportation for their senior residents; information can be obtained by calling your local municipal office.
Reservations can be made Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling the scheduling office at 908-241-8300. First-time callers should call between the hours of 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Name, Address & Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- If you are a Medicaid recipient
- Income Level (general, not specific)
- Disability or Special Need (s)
- If you use a mobility assistance device such as a wheelchair, scooter, cane or walker
- Race (information required by government funding source)
Transportation is available on a first-come-first served basis. A minimum of five to seven days advance notice for a scheduled trip is recommended. Limited service may be available on shorter notice.
Please do not call any earlier than three weeks prior to your desired trip.
You will be asked to provide the following information each time you request a trip:
- Day, Date and Time of the appointment
- Address, City, State and Telephone Number of your Destination
- Doctor’s name, Clinic name, Company name, Telephone number, etc.
- Approximate Time of Return
- Every effort will be made to accommodate your request however; trips will be determined by availability.
Requests to transport children must be handled on an individual basis and forwarded to the Director of Union County Paratransit for approval before it is scheduled. If the child is required to use a car seat according to New Jersey State Law, the family is responsible for supplying the appropriate seat
for the size of the child.
Reasonable Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Special Requests: Group and/or evening transportation arrangements must be made by calling the Administrative office at 908-659-5000. Evening trips requested after 5:30pm and Saturday will cost $30 per hour per vehicle from the time the vehicle leaves the yard until the time it returns. Group trips scheduled during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 10am to 2pm will be charged $55 per hour per vehicle.