The Union County Board of County Commissioners is pleased to announce a new performing art grant opportunity for 2023 aimed at enriching the lives of our community through the arts.
Through the Union County On Stage! Community Grant Program a total of $10,000.00 will be made available to Non-Profit Organizations in the twenty-one municipalities in the County of Union for their 2023 Fall/Early Winter theater and music productions.
This grant program has been designed to collaborate with our community partners in showcasing our Union County talent. The Union County Board of County Commissioners will provide funding to non-profit organizations in the County of Union to help cover some of the costs that are associated with theater performances to provide arts enrichment opportunities to our residents.
This grant is made possible through the Union County Board of County Commissioners as a part of Chairman Sergio Granados’ theme of “Building a Stronger Union County”, Chairman Theater Initiative.
Program Timelines and Grant Information
- Local non-profit organizations in Union County with tax-exempt status may apply. LLCs and other commercial enterprises are not eligible.
- The funding available will be dependent upon the number of non-profit organizations that submit applications.
- The Union County Board of County Commissioners’ logo information will be included in all print and social media advertisements for the performance.
- Application requests must be for performances that will take place in the Fall or Early Winter of 2023.
- Grant applications must be received by the County of Union by 5:00pm on Tuesday, October 3, 2023.
- The review and selection period will follow, and award notification will occur short after. Grant applications accepted will receive email notification and a written grant commitment in the form of a letter from the Union County Board of County Commissioners. A formal Grant Agreement between the County of Union and the President of the Organization will follow.
- Grantees must adhere to the proposed project timelines. The grant period commences when the Union County Law Department executes the contracts.
- All grant applications will be reviewed by the Commissioner Standing Committee to the Open Space Trust Fund, and approved by the Union County Board of County Commissioners.
Conditions of Award
- All recipients of grant dollars agree to provide credit to the Union County Board of County Commissioners in all verbal and written acknowledgements of programs created through this grant. The Union County Board of County Commissioners will be listed as sponsors of the event.
- All recipients of this grant agree to invite the Union County Board of County Commissioners to all events related to the grant, and allow the Commissioners a speaking opportunity.
- All recipients of grants shall be required to enter into an agreement prepared by the Union County Law Department.
- Should it be determined by the County that funds granted pursuant to this agreement are not being so dedicated by the applicant, and then in that event, the County will require reimbursement of all amounts so granted. This provision applies to any present or future violations.