In order to follow safe Covid-19 protocols, children’s programs and evening classes will be limited in size.
Programs will be held all outdoors with social distancing and masks required.
General Policies for Outdoor Programs
- Program spaces are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- You may register your family members in your household only.
- In developing programs, Trailside keeps in mind the abilities of different aged children. Please pay attention to age guidelines when registering. If an inappropriately aged child attends a program, the child will be removed and no credit or refund will be issued.
- Children must be age appropriate by the first day of the program.
- Children will not be permitted to take a morning and afternoon session during the same week.
Cancellation Policies for Summer Programs
- Credits will not be given at any time for summer programs.
- Refunds will be given from May 17th to June 18th with a non-refundable registration fee of $35 charged for each half-day session. No refunds will be given after June 18th.Trailside is unable to process refunds for summer programs directly to your credit cards. Call Trailside for refund procedures.
Cancellation Policies for Evening Family Programs
- Credits or refunds will not be given at any time for Evening programs.
- Credits will only be issued for evening programs cancelled by Trailside due to inclement weather.
Inclement Weather Policy
- In the event of severe weather, the program will be cancelled for that day and a refund will be issued for that day.
- In the event of a thunder/lightning storm or very heavy rainfall, participants will be taken to a designated, indoor area until the storm has passed and it is safe to continue with outdoor activities.
- While indoors, all staff and participants must wear face coverings and maintain social distancing.
- If severe weather continues for more than a half hour, parents will be contacted to come to Trailside to pick up their children.
Protocols are subject to change based on the NJ Department of Health Standards as well as rules and regulations as outlined by the Union County Department of Parks & Recreation.