Grab your camera and head outside!
Photography is a fun hobby and wildlife makes a challenging subject. Learn more about nature by observing animals in their natural habitat while you strive to compose the perfect photograph. Categories include: Ages 6 – 11 | Ages 12 – 17 | Ages 18 and older
Wildlife Photography Contest Rules
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only. Anyone earning income from photography is not eligible.
- Only images of wildlife species native to the United States are eligible for entry. It is the responsibility of the entrant to determine the status of the subject species. Images of exotic wildlife, pets or domestic animals will not be considered or displayed.
- Zoo, game farm and otherwise controlled animals must be described as “captive” in the entry form.
- All entries should depict the subject and scene as it appears at the time. Digital manipulation of images is prohibited.
- Individuals may enter a maximum of two 5”x7” un-mounted images.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form. Photocopies of the entry form are acceptable.
- Entries must be received at Trailside or postmarked by Friday, April 14, 2017.
- By entering this contest, participants hold harmless Trailside Nature & Science Center, the County of Union and their respective employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from participation in this contest.
Photographs will be judged by local area photographers. The judging will be based on originality, composition, technical excellence and artistic merit.
Winners in each category will have their photographs published in the Trailside 2018 Calendar. Each winner receives a calendar