Tuesday, June 23, 2015
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
UNION COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
10 ELIZABETHTOWN PLAZA
6th Fl. FREEHOLDERS MEETING ROOM
Union County Paratransit System will be accepting comments regarding service and other issues, the public is welcome to attend and participate.
Union County, in cooperation with the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, the New
Jersey Department of Transportation, and the Federal Highway Administration, will be hosting a
Public Information Center meeting to inform local residents, officials, businesses and the general
public of the Local Concept Development Study for South Front Street Bridge over the Elizabeth
River located in the City of Elizabeth.
The purpose of the Public Information Center meeting is to inform the public of the conceptual
alternatives and to solicit public input and comment on the proposed Preliminary Preferred
Alternative (PPA). This meeting is being conducted in conformance with Federal and State
regulations. The public is invited and encouraged to comment on the Study. The public may attend
the open house format meeting at any time from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. County and support staff
will be available to answer any questions.
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (brief presentation at 5:30 p.m.)
Place: Peterstown Community Center
418-434 Palmer Street, Elizabeth, NJ
Written comments will be accepted through Friday, July 10, 2015. Comments may be mailed, faxed,
or emailed to:
Paul J. Leso, P.E.
County Supervising Engineer
Union County Division of Engineering
2325 South Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
This meeting is open to all members of the public. Parking for the public meeting is available and
NJTPA – Union County South Front Street Bridge LCD Study – Public Information Center Meeting – 6/9/15
Update 7:50 p.m.: Turnpike southbound outer roadway north of Exit 12 in Linden, currently southbound all lanes closed at interchange 14 and northbound express lanes remain closed at Interchange 10, causing major delays. Motorists are urged to use alternate route. The South Wood Ave bridge over the Turnpike continues to be closed.
This page will be updated every few hours. We suggest you check the links below for the latest ‘live’ updates.
- Turnpike www.511nj.org.
- South Wood Ave Bridge https://local.nixle.com/alert/5467071/?sub_id=850683.
With temperatures expected to soar above 90 degrees today and through Sunday, Union County will be experiencing a heat wave for six days. The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders remind you to please take precaution, with special concern for children and the elderly.
Take note of any time spent outdoors, if possible, and reschedule strenuous activity to early morning or evening. Wear light clothing and remember to remain hydrated if working outdoors.
If necessary, please check with your local municipality to see where any cooling stations may be open. Find your municipality’s web pages and social media by clicking here. Weather information below is from a third party source. It will look at your current location and show you current weather conditions.
Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, tonight’s Shakespeare in the Park performance of Romeo and Juliet at Oak Ridge Park is cancelled.
There are still two performances left in the series, so please join us for Romeo and Juliet on Monday August 3, or Friday August 7.
For more details and a complete schedule of our free outdoor concerts and movies visit: http://wp.me/P4sLwl-3Ec.
Post expires at 9:00pm on Thursday July 30th, 2015
The following locations will be sprayed for mosquitoes tonight, July 31, 2015. The hours of operations start after 7 pm and will cease by 11:30 pm. Spraying will not occur if it is raining or the wind velocity is too high.
- Berkeley Heights – Delmore Av., Marion Av.
- Clark: Conger Way, Featherbed La, Frances Dr, Madison Hill Rd, King St, Bartell Pl. cook St., Fulton St., Nassau St., Sweet Briar Dr., Stone Hedge Ter., Meadow Rd., Hall Dr., Schwin Dr.,
- Cranford : Woodlawn Av. Area, S. Union Av. Area
- Hillside: Harvard Ave, Cornell Pl, John St., Hillside Av.
- Kenilworth: Dorset Dr., Water Co Rd.,
- Linden: Tremeley Pt, Marion Ave, Lexington Ave, Bradford Av., Nora Dr., Union St.,
- Plainfield: Reeves Ter., Wiley Av., St. Nickolas Blvd.,
- Rahway: Leesville Ave, Main St., Grove St Area, Central Ave, Church St, River Rd, walking path between Whittier St. and Elizabeth Av., Donald Av. Area, Scott Av., Whittier St. Elizabeth Av.,
- Roselle Pk: East Clay Ave, E. Colfax Av., Woodside Apts., Beachwood Av. Area
- Roselle: Raritan Rd, Pine St, Condo’s on Raritan Rd.
- Springfield: Diven St. Area, New Brook La. Area, Layng Ter.,
- Scotch Plains: Tempe Ct., Clinton La., Clover La., South Av., Hetfield Av., North Av.
- Summit: Ascot Way, Malvern Dr., Stockton Rd. Area
- Union: Rahway Av., Walton Av., Sinclair Av., Frances Dr., Reinhold Dr.
- Westfield: Eton Pl., Avon Rd. Area
- Winfield: U.C. Parkway Dr.
- County Parks: Oakridge Pk., Echo Lake, Milt Campbell, Unami, Watchung Reservation ( Loop and Museum Area)
- Town Parks: Memorial and Lexington in Linden, Mindowaskin in Westfield
Post expires at 12:00am on Saturday August 1st, 2015