Dear Friends, Neighbors, Community Leaders, and members of the public,
Since July 18, 2019, I have had the distinct privilege of serving Union County in the role of acting Prosecutor. As Union County’s top law enforcement officer, I have the honor of spending all of my days pursuing justice, upholding the oath I took to support the Constitution and the laws of this state, and – in partnership with my fellow law enforcement executives, chiefs, directors, and our Sheriff – shouldering the awesome responsibility of protecting the freedoms, and the safety, of the residents of our great County.
- In performing these functions, my office and its new leadership team are implementing several new initiatives to accomplish the following goals:
- Strengthen the public’s trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system;
- Reduce violence in our community;
- Empathetically and effectively address the opioid epidemic;
- Improve training and safety for our officers; and
- Protect Union County’s children.
Here, we will be sharing information about some of the many new initiatives we are launching to better serve the people of Union County.
Lyndsay V. Ruotolo
Acting Union County Prosecutor