The John H. Stamler Police Academy will be opening the selection process for Alternate Route Candidates beginning Friday, May 19, 2023.
Deadline for submission of applications is Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Registration will be limited to 200 applicants. Written examination
will be conducted on Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
All registration will be through the Policeapp.com website.
Alternate Route candidates must successfully complete a written examination as administered by the John H. Stamler Police Academy.
Registration for the 2023 Alternate Route Program must be completed through the policeapp.com website.
About the Program
Candidates applying for the Alternate Route Program MUST meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and no older than 35 years of age by the completion of the program.
- Is a citizen of the United States.
- Is sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System of New Jersey as to his eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Is of good moral character, and has not been convicted of any criminal offense including moral turpitude.
- Must have a minimum of 60 college credits, or two years active military service or a combination of the two. (Must provide DD 214 as proof of military service).
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Individuals provide proof of residency.
Physical Conditioning Requirements
Alternate Route candidates will be required to successfully complete the following physical conditioning standards as part of the selection process:
- 1.5 mile run in 15:55 (minutes or less)
- 300 meter run in 70.1 (seconds or less)
- 28 sit-ups in one minute
- 24 pushups in one minute
- Vertical jump of 15 inches or more