Division of Individual & Family Support Services
The mission of the Union County Division of Individual & Family Support Services (DIFSS) is to provide an array of county-wide human services programming through the most cost effective use of funding from County, State and Federal resources. This is accomplished either by direct delivery of services or by funding community-based organizations to deliver services.
By working together with other government agencies, nonprofits and private sector supporters, the Division can help residents with program areas of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse, Mental Health Services, Intoxicated Driver Resource Center, Rape Crisis Center, Homeless Assistance/Support Services, and Persons with Disabilities & Special Needs.
The Division also staffs various Freeholder appointed advisory boards that provide oversight and guidance for the various grant funded service delivery systems:
- Advisory Board on the Disabled (ABD)
- Homeless Trust Fund Advisory Board (HTF)
- Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC)
- Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (LACADA)
- Mental Health Board (MHB)
Program and Services
Within DIFSS there are 6 subdivisions/units:
- Office on Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse
- Office on the Homeless and Housing Continuum of Care
- Human Services Advisory Council
- Intoxicated Driver Resource Center
- Rape Crisis Center
- Office for Persons with Disabilities & Special Needs.
More information about each area can be found on the various web pages that can be accessed on the left side of this screen.
Main Phone: 908-527-4842
Main Fax: 908-558-2562