Children & Youth Services
American Job Center
Empower all Union County individuals, families and communities to achieve their highest level of self-sufficiency and quality of life using an accessible, inclusive and comprehensive approach to service delivery and care.
An integrated system of services in which partners work together to provide programs that improve the lives of Union County residents and strengthen communities.
Union County Action Line
- Services for Seniors
- Contact Form
Rapid, personal assistance with any question, complaint or concern about services is operational for both English and Spanish speaking callers. Calls are being accessed remotely throughout the day.
Speak with someone about needs for food, shelter, health & mental health services, domestic violence, job search, special medical transportation, senior services, youth services, assistance for the disabled, child immunizations, homelessness, and homelessness prevention, and more.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
County Admin Building
10 Elizabethtown Plaza
Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Debbie-Ann Anderson
- Karen Dinsmore
- Melissa Lespinasse
Values and Principles
- Client Experience We respect and honor the diversity, rights, and dignity of each other and those that we serve. Potential and existing clients have high quality interactions with staff that are consistent, accurate, and timely.
- Community Engagement We seek community partnerships built on trust, respect, and clear communication to enhance the services provided to Union County residents.
- Innovation We foster an environment that encourages evaluating service delivery methods to maximize efficiency and leverage rapidly advancing technology.
- Responsiveness We are responsible community leaders and take effective action in a timely manner.
- Employee Excellence We are committed to supporting employee growth and development to promote engaged employees and a culture of excellence.
- Accountability We strive to be caring and competent by making decisions openly, while providing quality services and managing public resources efficiently
- Transparency We maintain an open dialogue with the public, providers and our staff regarding practices, standards and outcomes.
- Communication We are responsive to clients and partners; proactive in addressing concerns and diligent about providing information to the public, families and other stakeholders.
- Trust We cultivate an environment of honesty and integrity while maintaining the highest level of professional conduct, honesty and integrity