Letter from Laura Scutari , Director, Department of Administrative Services
Open Enrollment, which provides employees the opportunity to add/delete qualified dependents, or make changes to their plan options, will be starting today. Employees wishing to make any changes must complete the appropriate Enrollment Forms and return to their Personnel unit no later than Wednesday, December 23, 2020. Forms can be obtained through your department’s Personnel Liaisons, your Personnel Office, or online at www.ucnj.org/employees (this web page). If no changes are being made, please do not complete a form.
This year, Open Enrollment is allowing employees to enroll and make changes to the following benefit options. Directions for submitting enrollments and changes can be found on the attached instruction page.
- FSA Accounts: Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- All health benefits (medical, prescription, dental and vision)
- Voluntary benefit plans through Colonial Life
The County is pleased to announce the addition of a new dental plan through Delta Dental called the Enhanced Premiere Dental Plan. It includes $2,500 for Adult/Child orthodontics, and 50% coverage for bridgework and dentures. Full details outlining the plan can be found on the plan summary located on the above mentioned County website. Please note that this plan, unlike the others, does have a deductible that needs to be met.
All Open Enrollment changes will become effective January 1, 2021. Modifications to coverage can result in an adjustment to your payroll deductions. It is your responsibility to let us know if your dependents have aged off any of your plans.
If you require additional information, please call Colleen Koch at X4021 or Gene Esquivel at X4067 in the Administration Building, or Barbara Watts X7174/X3723 in the Division of Social Services. You may also send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
A copy of this Memo can be found here.
Changes for Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- Forms should be completed and can be sent via interoffice or e-mail as follows. Please note that you may have your departments Personnel Liaison submit your forms for processing.
- Colleen Koch or Eugenio Esquivel in the Division of Personnel located in the Administration Building or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Watts (email@example.com) for all changes for employees of the Division of Social Services.
Enrollments for Medical and Dependent Care FSA Accounts
- All enrollment forms should be sent to Eugenio Esquivel in the Division of Personnel via interoffice or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. You will receive an e-mail to your Union County e-mail account confirming receipt of your form by the end of open enrollment.
- Please keep the following 2 items in mind before submitting an enrollment form.
- If you participated in 2020 and wish to continue participating for 2021, please SEND in the form. You will not be enrolled automatically and must re-enroll every year.
- If you NEVER participated and still DO NOT wish to participate, DO NOT SEND in a form indicating you do not wish to participate. The form is not necessary.
- Maximum Contribution Amounts for 2021
- Medical FSA Accounts: $2,750
- Dependent Care FSA: $5,000
- Helpful information regarding the different plan options
Colonial Life Voluntary Benefits
- Employees have the option to enroll in voluntary benefits, such as short-term disability and life insurance plans with Colonial Life. To enroll or review any of the plans with a Benefits Counselor, an appointment for a telephone call must be scheduled. For a full listing of the benefits being offered and to schedule a phone call appointment, please use the link below.
- Link: nep-tes.com/unioncountybenefits
Medical Plan Summaries
All medical offered by the County of Union are through Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ. Below are summaries for the various plans offered by the County that can be downloaded for viewing.
To enroll in a medical and/or prescription plan, an enrollment form needs to be completed and submitted to either your department’s Personnel Liaison or to the Health Benefits Unit in the Division of Personnel.
Use these forms to submit claims to Horizon.
Member Identification Cards
Horizon issues identification cards to each member of a plan, but the name on each card provided is the name of the employee that holds the policy.
Horizon – In the event that an employee needs to order new cards, this can be done by entering the member’s online account in horizonblue.com. Temporary cards can also be printed from this account while the cards are being mailed out to the home address. If new cards are ordered, please allow up to 10 business days for them to arrive.
EPO, HSA, Direct Access, and PPO Plan Members – Receive 2 cards in total: 1 card for medical coverage and 1 card for prescription coverage. These cards arrive at the home address separately.
Horizon Customer Service
Horizon Online Services Helpdesk
The County of Union, through CVS CAREMARK, provides eligible employees, their spouses and eligible dependents, medical prescription drug benefits
Employees become eligible to participate in the plan the first of the month following 60 days of satisfactory employment. Prescription cards are issued by CVS Caremark, and are mailed to your home address.
The Prescription co-payment schedule is:
- $5 co-pay per prescription for generic drugs (30 day supply, retail)
- $25 co-pay per prescription for brand name drug where generic is not available (30 day supply, retail)
- $50 co-pay per prescription for non-preferred brand name drug where generic is available (30 day supply, retail)
- $5/$30/$60 co-pay per prescription for mail ordered drugs, (90 day supply, Home Delivery)
Mail Order Prescriptions
Home Delivery service is available for those who take maintenance medications. Mail order forms are available in each Personnel Department. CVS Caremark customer service can be reached at 844-214-3459.
Member Identification Cards
CVS Caremark will be mailing new cards to all employees. They also offer an app for Android and Apple devices to display your ID card. https://info.caremark.com/mobile. To have an additional physical card mailed to you, please contact CVS Caremark at 844-214-3459.
CVS Caremark (Prescriptions)
The County of Union offers various dental plans through 3 different providers: Delta Dental of NJ, Delta Flagship, and HealthPlex/Eastern Dental. Below is an overview of all of the dental benefits offered, as well as detailed summaries for each plan
To enroll in a dental plan, universal enrollment and deduction forms needs to be completed and submitted to either your department’s Personnel Liaison or to the Health Benefits Unit in the Division of Personnel.
- Universal Application
- 2021 Deduction Form Does not need to be completed by employees in bargaining units for County Police, Corrections, Sheriffs.
- Premier 50/50% Core Plan
- Premier 80/20% Plan
- Preferred 80/20% Plan
- Composite Plan for County Police
- Composite Plan for Corrections and Sheriffs
- Enhanced Premier Plan
HealthPlex / Eastern Dental
Request ID Cards
Delta Dental of NJ and Delta Flagship – Providers do not issue member identification cards. The service provider will need to use the Social Security Number of the policyholder to process any claims for the member or any dependents.
HealthPlex/Eastern Dental – Member identification cards are created and sent to the home address upon being enrolled in the plan.
The County of Union offers a vision insurance plan through Vision Service Plan (VSP).
Below is a summary of the plan offerings per covered individual.
To enroll in the County of Union’s vision plan, complete an enrollment form and submit it to your Personnel Liaison or send to the Division of Personnel.
Member Identification Cards
VSP does not issue member identification cards. The service provider will need to use the Social Security Number of the policyholder to process any claims for the member or any dependents.
Colonial Life Voluntary Benefits
Employees have the option to enroll in voluntary benefits, such as short-term disability and life insurance plans with Colonial Life. To enroll or review any of the plans with a Benefits Counselor, an appointment for a telephone call must be scheduled. For a full listing of the benefits being offered and to schedule a phone call appointment, please use the link below.
The Health Benefits Unit of the County of Union is located within the Division of Personnel. If you have any questions regarding your health benefits, you may reach out to your departments Personnel Liaison or contact one of the following members of our team.
Social Services Employees