Union County residents are eligible for ERAP if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Union County.
- The applicant is obligated to pay rent at their primary residence and has rental arrears (rent overdue) at their primary residence for rent owed on or after March 13, 2020.
- Household gross income is at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI). A household may qualify based on current income or calendar year 2020 income that is at or below 80 percent AMI.
- On or after March 13, 2020, a member of the household received unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in income, incurred significant costs or experienced financial hardship, directly or indirectly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The household must be at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, which can be demonstrated by having rental arrears owed on or after March 13, 2020.
- Households eligible for rental arrears may also be eligible for help paying utility arrears at the same rental unit.
- If you are currently receiving Public Housing Assistance you are still eligible for this program(please disclose all information in application)
- There are no immigration status requirements to qualify for the program.
- Must certify that the tenant is not related nor living with the landlord.