THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE UNION COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
Board of Elections Administrator Nicole DiRado featured on NJTV
The Union County Election Board will be running results according to the schedule below at the Union County Juvenile Detention Center.
Please call the office first at 908-527-4123 to ensure ballots are being run on a particular day.
July 7 – The UCBOE will stop running ballots around 8pm on election night.
July 9 at 12:00 pm – The UCBOE counted ballots received on Election Day.
July 15 at 10:00 am: The UCBOE will count VBM Ballots received by July 14
July 16 at 10:00 am – The UCBOE will continue to count VBM Ballots received by July 14 (postmarked on or before election day) and Provisional Ballots.
July 17, 2020 at 10:00 am – The UCBOE will count VBM Ballots received by July 14 and Provisional Ballots as needed.
July 24 at 12:00 pm – The UCBOE will count any cured VBMs which were received between July 16 and July 23 at 2pm (the deadline).
Be advised of the following remaining dates for public inspection of Vote by Mail Ballots:
- Monday, July 13, 2020: 9am – 2:00pm (UCBOE, 271 North Broad Street, Elizabeth)
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020: 8:00am – 9:00am (Union County Juvenile Detention Center, 1075 Edward Street, Linden)
- July 16, 2020: 9am – 10am (Union County Juvenile Detention Center, 1075 Edward Street, Linden)
July 7, 2020 Primary Election
Pursuant to Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 144, which provides guidance for the July 7th Primary Election amid the COVID-19 crisis, polling locations will be consolidated. New polling locations will be posted no later than June 15, 2020. A postcard will also be mailed to you with your polling location information.
Further, you may contact the Union County Board of Elections at 908-527-4123.
- Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 144 outlines the following for the July 7th Primary Election:
- All active, registered Democratic and Republican Voters will automatically receive a Vote by Mail Ballot. Return postage is prepaid.
- All unaffiliated voters and inactive voters will automatically receive an application for a vote by mail ballot. Return postage is prepaid.
- There will be a minimum of 5 secure ballot drop boxes located throughout the county for you to deposit your Vote by Mail Ballot. These locations will be updated by June 15, 2020.
- Vote by Mail Ballots postmarked on or before Election Day, July 7, will be counted so long as they are received by July 14, 2020.
- A reduced number of polling locations will be available to provide voters with a paper, provisional ballot. Voting machines will available for voters with disabilities. These locations will be updated by June 15, 2020.
The Union County Board of Elections will persevere to insure that all elections conducted in Union County are within strict compliance with New Jersey Statutes Annotated, Title 19: Election Laws of The State of New Jersey.
This Board will continue to guarantee the right of suffrage to all eligible voters in Union County. The right to vote is fundamental. It is the duty of this Board as well as all Federal, State and local governments to promote the exercise of that right.
This Board will continue to adhere to all mandates set forth in the National Voter Registration Act, which was signed into law by President Clinton and enacted on January 1, 1995. The purpose of the National Voter Registration Act (Motor Voter Act) was to establish procedures that would increase the number of eligible citizens who would register to vote and to protect the integrity of the electoral process ensuring that accurate voter registration rolls are maintained.
This Board will continue to guarantee this right.
The Union County Board of Elections
John DeSimone, Chairman
Clara T. Harelik, Esq., Secretary/Commissioner of Registration
Mary Ellen Harris, Commissioner
Marie Oakie, Commissioner
Nicole L .DiRado, CMC, MPA, Administrator
Linda Wise, Deputy Administrator