THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE UNION COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
November 3rd General Election Highlights
Below, please find highlights of Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 177, which outlines how the November 3rd General Election will be administered:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- All ACTIVE, REGISTERED voters will AUTOMATICALLY receive a Vote by Mail (VBM) ballot.
22 Secure Ballot Drop Boxes are available countywide for voters to return their Vote by Mail Ballots – View locations
Poll Locations will have provisional ballot voting only – except ADA Compliant machines for the disabled.
- Polling locations have been consolidated. Voters can check our website for a complete list.
- Voters can deliver VBMs to poll workers on Election Day. Voters will stand in line at their designated polling location, sign a log book then the poll worker will deposit their ballot into a secure transfer case.
- If a voter opts to mail their ballot, Vote by Mails (VBMs) MUST have a postmark on or before election day and received by our office within 7 days. Ballots WITHOUT a post mark will be counted if they are received within 2 days of Election Day.
- The same provisions relative to one location per municipality and at least 50% of locations in a regular election, for polling locations in the Primary Election are the same but some locations will likely change.
- Voters can deliver VBMs to poll workers on Election Day.
Voters may also deliver their ballot in person at the following offices. In person delivery requires a NJ driver’s license or NJ issued ID.
- Union County Board of Elections, 271 North Broad Street, Elizabeth
- Union County Clerk’s Office, 2 Broad Street, Room 113, Elizabeth
- Union County Clerk’s Office, 300 North Avenue East, Westfield
Board of Elections Administrator Nicole DiRado featured on NBC New York
Board of Elections Administrator Nicole DiRado featured on NJTV
The Union County Board of Elections will persevere to insure that all elections conducted in Union County are within strict compliance with New Jersey Statutes Annotated, Title 19: Election Laws of The State of New Jersey.
This Board will continue to guarantee the right of suffrage to all eligible voters in Union County. The right to vote is fundamental. It is the duty of this Board as well as all Federal, State and local governments to promote the exercise of that right.
This Board will continue to adhere to all mandates set forth in the National Voter Registration Act, which was signed into law by President Clinton and enacted on January 1, 1995. The purpose of the National Voter Registration Act (Motor Voter Act) was to establish procedures that would increase the number of eligible citizens who would register to vote and to protect the integrity of the electoral process ensuring that accurate voter registration rolls are maintained.
This Board will continue to guarantee this right.
The Union County Board of Elections
John DeSimone, Chairman
Clara T. Harelik, Esq., Secretary/Commissioner of Registration
Mary Ellen Harris, Commissioner
Marie Oakie, Commissioner
Nicole L .DiRado, CMC, MPA, Administrator
Linda Wise, Deputy Administrator