- Must be 18 years old
- Must be a registered voter in Union County
- Must read and write English legibly
- Must be able to get to your polling location
- Attend a mandatory virtual training
- Help your community exercise their right to vote in Union County!!!
- Work the June Primary Election and the November General Election
- Work 5:15am – 8:00pm
- Set up and operate the voting machines, equipment and supplies
- Process voters
Poll Worker Application
June 8, 2021 Primary Election MANDATORY POLL WORKER TRAINING
THANK YOU for working with the Union County Board of Elections to make our June 8, 2021 Governor’s Primary Election a success!
The Board of Elections is pleased to announce a new virtual training platform in an effort to be more accessible and flexible for our poll workers. All poll worker training will be hosted online!
- This platform will be available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- You can review a specific section as often as you wish to ensure you understand all aspects of your duties on Election Day!
- You can reference all materials on your mobile device on Election Day in the event you need additional support while things are happening!
- Videos have been added to show you how to interact with your voters and how to perform your functions well.
How to Access the Virtual Training Platform
Go to the link below to access the Virtual Training Platform at your convenience.
- USERNAME (Your Voter Registration Number)
- PASSWORD (Your First Name)
- This information was provided in your assignment package.
Live Virtual Meetings
Live Virtual Meetings will be hosted to provide Poll Workers an opportunity to ask questions or receive clarification on any of the items discussed in training. In order to attend the Live Virtual Meetings, you must have completed the training platform.
JUST THE MACHINE TRAINING
The Election Board is hosting open houses for poll workers who would like to better familiarize themselves with the new ExpressVote XL Voting Machine, especially since most poll workers did not use the machine in 2020.
- This is not a formal, required training session.
- The machines will be available for poll workers to train.
- Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Capacity within the room will be limited.
- There will not be a formal training presentation.
- You may come at any time during the hours posted and stay for a long, or as short of a time, as you would like.
Cranford Community Center
220 Walnut Avenue, Cranford
Tuesday, June 1, 2021: 3pm – 7pm
Thursday, June 3, 2021: 3pm – 7pm
Scotch Plains Council Chambers
430 Park Avenue, Scotch Plains
Wednesday, June 2, 2021: 3pm – 7pm
Friday, June 4, 2021: 3pm – 7pm
Union County Emergency Management Building
535 Laurel Avenue, Roselle Park
Wednesday, June 2, 2021: 5pm – 9pm
Friday, June 4, 2021: 9am – 2pm
Union County Broad of Elections
271 No. Broad Street, Elizabeth
Saturday, June 5, 2021: 9am – 1pm
Sunday, June 6, 2021: 10am – 12pm