- Headquarters: 121-125 Chestnut Street, Roselle NJ 07203
- Bayway FSC: 10 1st Street, Elizabeth NJ 07206
- EPRT Community Center: 250 S. Second St. Elizabeth NJ 07206
Prevention Links is a private, not-for-profit organization, which takes a leadership role in the prevention of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and related issues.
With community being defined as any environment where people live, work, or learn, the goal of Prevention Links is to pull together all available resources to eliminate the deleterious effects of drugs, alcohol, violence, and inadequate educational and health institutions in our communities. We focus on identifying and enhancing existing strengths within the individual, family, school, and work setting to serve as the first and most valuable resource in sustainable revitalization of all types of community. Prevention Links implements training programs and evidence-based strategies, practices and programs that are outcome-based and empower all segments of a community to be actively engaged in changing their environments.
Link to website:
Areas of Volunteerism:
- Seven days a week between 11am – 7pm
- Union County Recovery Center (Headquarters)- Volunteers who are directly or indirectly affected by Substance Use Disorder will be trained in the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy Cirriculum and provide recovery coaching to participants at our Union County Recovery Center. Volunteers will also assist with programming run by the Recovery Center including mutual aid meetings, social events, and educational workshops. Volunteers would work with people in Union County facing Substance Use Challenges.
- Mon thru Fri between 9am -5pm
- Bayway Family Success Center- Volunteers assist with family programming such as family fun nights, financial workshops, homework club, and more. Volunteers would work with families and children from the Bayway section of Elizabeth.
- Mon thru Fri between 9am-5pm
- EPORT Community Center- Volunteers will help community members navigate resources in the community to meet their needs, assist with various food/supply distributions, and assist with programming at the center such as nutrition workshops, homework club, family events and more.
- Seasonal: Sept 1st thru Oct 22nd
- Red Ribbon Day- The annual Union County Ribbon Day requires a lot of help in preparation of and day of logistics. Volunteers can assist with the preparation including informing the community about the event, preparing supplies for the day of, and securing activities for the event. Day of work include setup/breakdown of tables and chairs, participation in the walk, assisting with registration, and more. This event, day of, takes place at Nomahegan Park in Cranford.
- Mon thru Fri between 9am-5pm
Social Media, Graphic Design, and Outreach
Prevention Links sees assistance of skilled volunteers to assist with the development of social media and outreach materials to educate the community about the availability of our services and about topics related to community health education.
Opportunities to volunteer from home:
Yes – specifically for the Union County Recovery Center and Social Media, Graphic Design, and Outreach.