Union County has skate parks located at Esposito Park and Mattano Park.
Union County Skate Park Rules and Regulations
- The skate park is open from sunrise until sunset. No trespassing when park is closed.
- Use of the skate park will be prohibited during wet, snow or icy conditions. The county reserves the right to close the skate park if it determines that any other condition renders it unsafe for use.
- This is an unsupervised facility. Use at your own risk.
- Participants 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult who is authorized to be responsible for the minor.
- Helmets, kneepads, wrist guards, elbow pads and appropriate footwear are required.
- No skating against traffic. Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of others.
- Know your ability and skate accordingly. Reckless and dangerous skaters may be asked to leave the premises.
- Each user of the skate park should have personal identification that includes name, address and telephone number in their possession at all times.
- All skaters are to act in an orderly, safe and considerate manner.
- Only skateboards, in-line skates and freestyle bikes are allowed in the park. Motorized vehicles or devices of any other type are prohibited.
- No glass, food or beverages allowed in the skate park.
- Spectators and pets are prohibited in the skate park.
- No waxing materials are allowed in the skate park.
- Personal ramps, rails, boxes, other apparatus or modifications to the skate surface are prohibited.
- Tobacco products, smoking, use of drugs, alcohol, profanity or vandalism is strictly prohibited.
- Use of radios, stereos or any type of amplified music is prohibited. Use of head phones is prohibited.
- Defacing county property with graffiti or in any other way is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
To report any damage or maintenance concerns, please call the Union County Department of Parks & Recreation at (908) 527-4900.
In case of an emergency, call 911 or the Union County Police at (908) 654-9800.