View streets and parks
Please be advised, Union County Mosquito Control will be spraying for Adult Mosquitoes tonight, Wednesday, August 26, 2021, between the hours of 7:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M. (Weather Permitting). Check below and see if your Town is on the list. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mosquito Control: 908-654-9873
- Clark – Featherbed La., Conger Way
- Fanwood – Locust St
- Garwood – (see parks)
- Linden – Tremley Pt., E. 11th St., Emma Pl., Miner Terrace
- Plainfield – Randolf Rd.,
- Rahway –Donald Ave, Maple Ave.,
- Roselle – Raritan Rd. (condos), Columbus Ave.
- Roselle Park- Beechwood Ave., Valley Rd.
- Scotch Plains – Country Club La., Tussel La.,
- Union- Wayne Terrace
- Clark – Oakridge / Archery Range
- Garwood-Unami Pk.
- Plainfield –Cedar Brook Pk.
- Union- Rabkin Pk.
Trailside Nature and Science Center, the Rahway Pool and Wheeler Spray park will be Closed today (Sunday)
(Updated): The National Weather Service has posted a tropical storm warning for eastern Union County. Please be aware that as of Sunday morning, August 22, the Union County area is still considered at risk of flash flooding and additional rain is expected. Travel only if necessary.
Tropical Storm Henri is expected to reach hurricane strength as it impacts Long Island and New England. Union County and other parts of the region will also see the effects, with heavy rains and flooding possible. Please travel only if necessary, and be alert for flooded roads and other hazardous conditions.
Union County residents are reminded to keep phones charged, and move trash cans and other lightweight yard furniture indoors.
Please be advised, Union County Mosquito Control will be spraying for Mosquitoes tonight, Thursday, August 12, 2021, between the hours of 7:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M. (Weather Permitting). Check below and see if your Town is on the list. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mosquito Control 908-654-9873
Clark – Sycamore Rd., Brookside Terrace, Conger Way, Stonehenge Terrace
Cranford – County Park Dr.(Cranford Tennis club/pool area), Cranford Ave., Wadsworth Ave., Birchwood Ave.(nursing home)
Elizabeth – Verona Ave., Clarkson Ave., South First St.
Kenilworth – Water Co. Rd., Dorsette Dr., N. 12th St
Linden – Tremley Pt. area, Fire Academy, Miner Terrace
Mountainside –Mountain Ave (Pool and fitness trail)
Plainfield – Cushing Rd., Leland Ct., George St., St. Nicholas Blvd., Columbia Ave.
Rahway –Elizabeth Ave/Supermarket area, Donald Ave, Church St. areas
Roselle Park- Laurel Ave., East Colfax, Chestnut St. (walking Path), East Lincoln, Sheridan Ave.
Springfield –Marion Ave., Warner Ave., Alvin Terr., Shunpike Rd. (quarry), Brown Ave., Cottage La., Evergreen Ave., Bernadette Ct., M
Union- Audrey Terr., Franklin St., Hillcrest Terrace, Halsey St., East Branch Pl., Stanley Terr., Everitt Cir., Warwick St., Sayre Rd.,
Westfield- Myrtle Ave., Grandview Ave., Livingston Ave., Windsor Ave., Boynton Ave., Delaware St., Lambertsmill Rd. ( Robert Wood Johnson) Tuttle Pkwy., Baily Ct., Prospect St., Overhill Rd., Hamilton Ave.
- Clark – Oakridge / Archery Range
- Plainfield –Cedar Brook Pk.
- Springfield – Meisel Ave
- Mountainside – Echo Lake, Pool
- Rahway – Rahway
- Roselle – Warinanco
- Union – Kearse
- Westfield– Tamaques ,Brightwood
American Water customers in Clark, Linden and Roselle are advised that American Water is providing bottled water at the following locations in Union County.
Please note that these supplies are available only to Linden, Roselle, and Clark customers. Proof of identity is required:
- Linden customers – Warinanco Park Sports Center, 1 Park Park Drive in Roselle
- Roselle customers – Warinanco Park Sports Center, 1 Park Park Drive in Roselle
- Clark customers – Oak Ridge Park, 136 Oak Ridge Road in Clark
Water will be available at both locations from:
- 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 3
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4th.
As a result of loss of water pressure from a transmission main leak along Possumtown Road in Piscataway, N.J., New Jersey American Water has issued a mandatory boil water advisory to customers in the following towns:
- Green Brook
- South Plainfield
A potential or actual threat to the quality of water being provided to the above areas currently exists. As a precaution, we are implementing a limited Boil Water Advisory until testing of the water supply is deemed satisfactory. New Jersey American Water will provide information as to when the advisory is lifted.
Effective immediately and until further notice, customers within the impacted area, listed above, are instructed to bring tap water to a rolling boil for one minute and allow cooling before using or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking; preparing foods; mixing baby formula, food, juices or drinks; washing vegetables and fruit; cooking; making ice; brushing teeth; and washing dishes until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.
New Jersey American Water also recommends the following steps:
- Throw away uncooked food or beverages or ice cubes if made with tap water during the day of the advisory.
- Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking.
- Do not swallow water while showering or bathing.
- Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water, most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms.
- Use only water that has been boiled (and cooled) to treat minor injuries.
- Rinse hand-washed dishes with a diluted bleach solution (one tablespoon of household bleach per gallon of tap water) or clean your dishes in a dishwasher using the hot wash cycle and dry cycle.
- Upon boiling water for potable use, it is suggested that 2-3 gallons of boiled (and cooled) water be stored in the refrigerator in one gallon-containers for use in cooking, drinking, etc. Water can be stored in this manner for 2-3 days.
- Pets should be provided with drinking water that has been boiled (and cooled) in the manner indicated above.
Impacted customers are being notified of this boil water advisory via the company’s emergency notification system.
Additionally, they are also asked to limit their water use to essential purposes only while New Jersey American Water works to repair the transmission main and restore the flow of water to its system.
New Jersey American Water is working to resolve the issue as quickly and safely as possible. Please continue to boil your water or use bottled water until the company issues follow up communication when the advisory is lifted. If customers have any questions, please contact: 1-800-272-1325.
Please be advised, Union County Mosquito Control will be spraying for Adult Mosquitoes tonight, Wednesday, July 28, 2021, between the hours of 7:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M. (Weather Permitting). Check below and see if your Town is on the list. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mosquito Control: 908-654-9873
Berkeley Heights – Janet La., Emerson La., Archer La., Hilltop Ave., Brookside La., Appletree Row, Cedar La., Water La., Beechwood Rd., Ralph Pl., Rogers Ave., Northridge Way, Fern Way, Elm Pl., Greenbrook Rd., Branko Pl., North Rd., Webster Dr., Harrison Dr., Wilson Dr., Industrial Rd., Mead St., Lone Pine Dr., Bolton Blvd., Nancy Pl., Little Flower, Roosevelt Ave., Woodruff Ave., Washington Ave., Putnam Ave., Hamilton Ave., Maple Ave., Baker Ave., Delmore Ave., Marion Ave.
Clark – Madison Hill Rd.(St. Agnes Church along wooded area), Frances Dr., Stonehenge Terrace
Cranford – Orange Ave. (pool area), Cranford Ave., Birchwood Ave., Union County Parkway Dr.,
Elizabeth –Acme St
Hillside – Harvard Ave, Cornell Pl., Westminster Area, Hillside Ave. (PAL)
Kenilworth – Lafayette Walking Path, Commonwealth Ave., Shady La., Dorsette Dr.
Linden – Tremley Pt. area, Fire Academy, Range Rd. Bradford Ave., Marion Ave., Lexington Ave.,
Mountainside –Summit La., Loop area in reservation, pool and fitness trail on Mountain Ave.
New Providence – Charnwood Rd., Edward Ct., Brook Rd. Bell labs
Plainfield – Leland Ct., Cole pl., Deborah Ct., Carlisle Terr., Wiley Ave.
Rahway – Church St., Kearny St., Jones Pl., Allen St
Roselle – Pine St., West 3rd Ave., Ave., Chestnut St. ( Firehouse), Amsterdam Ave.
Roselle Park – Beechwood Ave., Maplewood Ave., Laurel Ave., East Colfax, Chestnut St. (walking Path) East Lincoln, Butler st.
Scotch Plains –Frank St., Cushing Rd.,Cushing Pl., Knollwood Ct., Worth Dr., Post Dr., Westfield Rd.
Springfield – Bernadette Ct., Elmwood Rd., Brown Ave., Evergreen Ave., Leslie Ct., Oakland Ave., Clinton Ave., Cottage La., Waverly Ave.,
Union– Whitewood Rd., Plymouth Rd., Livingston Ave., Wilshire Dr., Rahway Ave., Gifford Ct / Brighton St. Area
Westfield– Cardinal Dr. area, Myrtle Ave., Windsor Ave., Livingston Ave., Lambertsmill Rd., Saint Marks Ave., Tremont Ave.
Clark – Oakridge
Hillside – Conant, Rutgers
Plainfield – Cedar Brook
Westfield – Echo Lake
Plainfield – Milt Campbell
Westfield – Tamaques, Mindowskin
Post expires at 7:15am on Thursday July 29th, 2021
Please be advised, Union County Mosquito Control will be spraying for Mosquitoes tonight, Thursday June 24, 2021 between the hours of 7:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M. (Weather Permitting). Check below and see if your Town is on the list. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 908-654-9834.
- Berkeley Heights: Plainfield Ave. (Little Flower Church), Nancy Pl., Industrial Rd., Bolton Blvd.
- Clark: Union County Pkwy, Featherbed Ln., Frances Dr.
- Hillside: Harvard Ave., Cornell Pl., Aldine St.
- Kenilworth: Kenilworth Blvd. (Walking Path), Pembrooke Dr., Lafayette Ave., Dorset Dr.
- Linden: Trembley Point Area
- New Providence: Charnwood Rd.
- Rahway: Donald Ave., New Church St.
- Roselle: Raritan Rd. (Condos)
- Roselle Park: Chestnut St. (Walking Path), Colfax Ave., W. Roselle Ave.
- Scotch Plains: Terrill Rd. Cushing Rd., Knollwood Ct., Ravenswood Ln., Raritan Rd. (Ash Brook Service Yard)
- Springfield: Clinton Ave., Oakland Ave., Waverly Ave., Marion Ave.
- Summit: Kent Place Blvd. (Summit Recycling Yard), Nike Rd. (Livingston School), Glenside Rd.
- Union: Morris Ave., Rahway Ave., Brighton Ave., Gifford Ct., Niles Rd.
- Winfield: Parkway Dr.
- Garwood: Unami Park
- Clark: Oak Ridge Park
- Cranford: Nomahegan Park
- Hillside: Conant Park
- Elizabeth: Warinanco Park
- Rahway: Rahway Park
- Westfield: Echo Lake Park
- Linden: Memorial Park
- Westfield: Brightwood Park, Tamaques Reservation
Post expires at 5:07am on Friday June 25th, 2021
Please check the County’s home page for advisories, changes and cancellations