Union County Commission on the Status of Women Women of Excellence Award Nomination Form
The Mission of the Union County Commission on the Status of Women is to recognize annually with their most prestigious award, The Union County Women of Excellence Award. Nominations for women who live and or work in Union County and have distinguished themselves by their outstanding achievements in various categories including: Arts and Humanities; Business/Entrepreneurial; Community Service; Education; Government; Law; Law Enforcement; Lifetime Achievement; Medicine/Health Care; and /or Women’s Advocacy.
Criteria for Consideration
- Nominee must reside in or be employed in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have made significant accomplishments and demonstrate outstanding achievements in one or more of the suggested categories above; other categories will be considered.
- Nominator must include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding achievements in the above named categories and reasons why the nominee should be considered for the annual Women of Excellence Award
- Nominator must indicate how the nominee has made a difference or improved the lives of Union County residents or employees based in Union County
- Nominator must supply correct contact information to the Commission in order to reach-out to the nominee if necessary.
- Open to all women, 21 years or older, who either work or live in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have exemplary performance and/or results in their nominated category
- Previous nominees may be re-nominated
- Previous Women of Excellence recipients are ineligible
- Nominator’s statement (please paste or attach pages below – maximum of three pages):
- Please state why the nominee should receive the Women of Excellence Award
- Please include description of nominee’s contributions, and corresponding event date(s)
- Please state the benefits others have received as a result of this nominee’s efforts and contributions
- Please include any feedback given by persons who have benefited by the nominee’s outstanding achievement or efforts
Letters of Support
Additional letters of support are not required, but highly recommended, and should be submitted if they are necessary to support the nominee’s contributions/achievements as stated. Nominator/nominee may include up to three letters of support, for example:
- Benefactor of nominee’s achievements or efforts
Please use the online submission form below, however, if you wish, you can physically mail us supportive documentation to the address below, no later than December 2, 2019.
Union County Office on Women
Department of Economic Development
Second Floor, 10 Elizabethtown Plaza
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207
Nominators and Nominees will be notified prior to the New Year from the Commission regarding their nomination. The The 2020 Women of Excellence Award Dinner begins at 6:00 PM for cocktails and the program follows cocktail hour, Friday, March 27, 2020 at the Gran Centurions, 440 Madison Hill Road in Clark, NJ.