Union County Early Voting Locations for the 2021 General Election
County residents are welcome to any of the early voting locations below.
- Union County College, 1033 Springfield Avenue, Seminar Room A/B, Cranford
- Sampson Community Center, 800 Anna Street, Elizabeth
- New Providence Municipal Center, 360 Elkwood Avenue, Gymnasium (Academy Street Entrance)
- Plainfield Board of Education Administration Building, 1200 Myrtle Avenue, Plainfield
- Rahway Recreation Center, 275 E. Milton Avenue, Room 112, Rahway
- Amalfe Community Center, 1268 Shaffer Avenue, Roselle
- Union Township Senior Center, 968 Bonnel Court, Union Township
2021 General Election Early Voting Schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, October 23||10 am||8 pm|
|Sunday, October 24||10 am||6 pm|
|Monday, October 25||10 am||8 pm|
|Tuesday, October 26||10 am||8 pm|
|Wednesday, October 27||10 am||8 pm|
|Thursday, October 28||10 am||8 pm|
|Friday, October 29||10 am||8 pm|
|Saturday, October 30||10 am||8 pm|
|Sunday, October 31||10 am||6 pm|
Top 5 Things to Know About in-person Early Voting
Earlier this year, a law was passed permitting in-person early voting in New Jersey. Here are the answers to five common questions about in-person early voting:
WHAT IS IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING?
This new option enables all registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during a nine-day period prior to Election Day. You can now choose to vote, in person, when it’s most convenient for your schedule.
WHERE CAN I ACCESS IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING?
- No matter where you live in the county, you can vote your specific ballot at any of your county’s designated in-person early voting locations.
- Find your county’s locations above.
WHEN CAN I ACCESS IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING?
In-person early voting locations will be open Saturday, October 23 through Sunday, October 31.
WHAT IF I ALWAYS VOTE BY MAIL, BUT NOW WANT TO VOTE EARLY, IN PERSON, INSTEAD?
- Check whether or not you are an active vote-by-mail voter at VOTE.NJ.GOV, under “Track My Ballot.”
- If you are registered to vote by mail in the 2021 General Election, you must opt out, in order to cast a ballot in person on a machine at an early voting location.
- To opt out, contact the Union County Clerk by August 31.
CAN I STILL CHOOSE FROM OTHER VOTING OPTIONS?
Yes. You may select, instead, to:
- Apply for a vote-by-mail ballot and return it one of the following ways:
- Mail: It must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 2 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before November 8.
- Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place it in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on November 2. Drop box locations can be found here.
- Union Board of Elections Office: Deliver it in person to the Union County Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on November 2.
- Or, vote in person at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 2. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities. View Polling Locations page.