Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Commissioners invites all residents and members of the public to attend a series of virtual public meetings and provide commentary on the County’s ongoing plans for retrofitting County buildings and parking lots in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The meetings will be held on Wednesday, June 9 at 2:00 p.m., on Wednesday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m., and on Thursday, June 10 at 10:30 a.m.
All three meetings will be conducted on Zoom. Each session will last 75 minutes and can accommodate 100 attendees.
“Input from the public is a significant contributor to Union County’s ongoing efforts to improve access and inclusion across all facilities,” said Commissioner Board Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “We encourage everyone to participate and help identify obstacles and opportunities as we continue to make progress on ADA compliance in our community.”
The meetings will cover a transition plan for Union County developed by the consulting firm WT Group Accessibility Practice. The scope of work includes buildings and parking lots, including the County Courthouse, the Administration Building, the Warinanco Sports Center, and the Trailside Museum and Science Center among others. Please note that recreation programs are not included in the scope of work.
During the meetings, WTG will:
- Review key ADA requirements for parks facilities
- Discuss the importance of community feedback in establishing retrofit priorities
- Share observations of common access barriers viewed at County of Union facilities
- Ask for the access preferences and priorities of the members of the public in attendance, regarding facilities
- Close with a discussion about next steps for the County of Union
To register for a meeting, use the following Zoom links:
- June 9, 2021 @ 2:00 p.m. Registration: (http://bit.ly/adasession1)
- June 9, 2021 @ 6:30 p.m. Registration: (http://bit.ly/adasession2)
- June 10, 2021 @ 10:30 a.m. Registration: (http://bit.ly/adasession3)
For additional information contact Manny Ramirez, Director, Union County Office for Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs at 908-527-4807 or email@example.com., or visit online at ucnj.org/departments/human-services/opdsn.
For information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including the Union County COVID-19 Test Center at Kean University, the Mobile Test Unit, vaccination information, emergency food distribution and other support services, visit ucnj.org/covid19. General information about COVID-19 is available through the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.