You are eligible to renew your passport by mail if you can answer YES to each of the statements below:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with this application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book and/or passport card was issued.
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book and/or passport card less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card that I am renewing has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged.
- My U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal ten year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41. (Please refer to the back pages of your U.S. passport book for endorsement information.)
- I use the same name as on my recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card.
- I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name change.
A passport for a child (Fifteen years or younger) cannot be renewed by mail. Please call the passport office for further information. 908-527-4966
Submit a U.S. Passport Application by Mail:
- Fill Out Form DS-82: Application For A U.S. Passport by Mail
- Submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card
- Submit a certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- Pay the Applicable Fee
- Provide One Passport Photo (Photos available at the County Clerk’s Offices in Elizabeth and Westfield for $10)
- Mail application