The Bayonne Bridge, Holland Tunnel and Goethals Bridge will institute lane closings this weekend and/or next week due to ongoing construction and repair projects.
The closings, scheduled in conjunction with other regional agencies to minimize traffic impacts, are as follows:
- The bridge will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, November 18 through 8 a.m. Saturday, November 19 to accommodate construction on the “Raise the Roadway” project.
- On Monday, November 21 and Tuesday, November 22 the bridge will close form 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. It will then remain open through the Thanksgiving holiday week, and will close again at 9 a.m. Monday, November 28.
- One westbound lane in the Holland Tunnel will close during overnight hours from Sunday, November 20 through Tuesday, November 22, from 11:59 p.m. each night through 5:30 a.m. the following morning. These closures are necessary for ongoing tunnel repairs.
- One westbound lane on the New York side of the Goethals Bridge, between the bridge itself and the toll plaza, will close from 10 p.m. Sunday, November 20 through 5 a.m. Monday, November 21. This closure is necessary to accommodate work on the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project.
- One eastbound lane across the Goethals Bridge will close from 10 p.m. Monday, November 21 through 5 a.m. Tuesday, November 22. This closure is necessary to accommodate work on the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project.