The Bayonne Bridge, Holland Tunnel and Goethals Bridge will institute lane closings this weekend and/or next week due to ongoing construction and repair projects.
The closings, scheduled in conjunction with other regional agencies to minimize traffic impacts, are as follows:
- The bridge will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, November 18 through 8 a.m. Saturday, November 19 to accommodate construction on the “Raise the Roadway” project.
- On Monday, November 21 and Tuesday, November 22 the bridge will close form 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. It will then remain open through the Thanksgiving holiday week, and will close again at 9 a.m. Monday, November 28.
- One westbound lane in the Holland Tunnel will close during overnight hours from Sunday, November 20 through Tuesday, November 22, from 11:59 p.m. each night through 5:30 a.m. the following morning. These closures are necessary for ongoing tunnel repairs.
- One westbound lane on the New York side of the Goethals Bridge, between the bridge itself and the toll plaza, will close from 10 p.m. Sunday, November 20 through 5 a.m. Monday, November 21. This closure is necessary to accommodate work on the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project.
- One eastbound lane across the Goethals Bridge will close from 10 p.m. Monday, November 21 through 5 a.m. Tuesday, November 22. This closure is necessary to accommodate work on the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project.
To receive real time traffic updates, travelers should register for the Port Authority’s Bridge and Tunnel Alerts at http://www.paalerts.com/, call 511 or visit www.511NY.org or www.511NJ.org.