Latest update: Due to weather conditions the Westfield passport office will close at 6 pm tonight, Tuesday February 2. All other Union County Clerk offices in Elizabeth are open.
Union Vicinage buildings are closed on Monday (new update: Vicinage buildings will also be closed on Tuesday, February 2); remote operations continue.
Union County, NJ — Union County residents are advised of changes to the Union County COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Center and other programs in anticipation of the winter storm forecast for Sunday evening into Tuesday.
1. COVID-19 testing: The free Union County Drive-Through COVID-19 Test Center at Kean University will be closed on Monday, February 1 due to the storm. Persons with a Monday appointment will need to reschedule through the Test Center portal at ucnj.org/covid19.
The Test Center will be open on Wednesday, February 3 (normal days of operation are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). Visits to the Test Center are by appointment only. Please check the Union County COVID-19 portal online at ucnj.org/covid19 for more details or to schedule an appointment.
Union County’s series of free walk-up test sites will continue on Thursday (location and time will be posted at ucnj.org/covid19).
2. The walk-up emergency food distribution event originally scheduled for Tuesday in Plainfield has been rescheduled to Thursday, February 4 in Plainfield. Please visit ucnj.org/covid19/food-distribution-events for details.
3. Meals-on-Wheels deliveries are suspended for Monday (additional meals were delivered over the weekend to provide for Monday).
4. Paratransit service will be suspended on Monday.
5. (update 2x): Due to inclement weather, the Union Vicinage will close its doors on Mon., Feb. 1, 2021 (new update: the buildings will also be closed on Tuesday, February 2). While the physical court offices will be closed, virtual operations will continue.
The Union County Vaccination Center at Kean University runs on an appointment-only basis and will be open for those holding appointments on Tuesday, February 2, weather permitting. Please check the Union County vaccination portal, ucnjvaccine.org, on a regular basis for updates on vaccine availability, as supplies are limited and appointments book up quickly.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including testing and vaccination, ucnj.org/covid19. For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
For all Union County programs and services visit ucnj.org, call the Public Info Line, 877-424-1234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online Contact Form.
Connect with Union County on social media.