Public Info

Snow, Wintry Mix in Union County

Snow has begun to blanket Union County, and will ultimately become a wintry mix later on tonight that could cause hazardous travel conditions. The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders remind you to take the necessary precaution and take it slow if you need to travel. 
Report any issues on municipal roads to the respective municipality. If there are any issues on County roads, please call County Police at 908-654-9800.  
Also, to report downed power lines or outages, contact your utility company. PSE&G customers call 1-800-436-7734. JCP&L customers call 1-800-545-7738 or use the automated reporting line at 1-888-544-4877.  
For questions about your gas service, call Elizabethtown Gas at 800-492-4009.  
Please tell your friends and neighbors about First Alert, and stay informed by visiting the Union County Webpage at Also find us on Facebook and Twitter.  
Brought to you by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders.