First general superintendent 21 to 1957
On November 19, 1921, Henry S. Chatfield, Charles A. Reed, Arthur R. Wendell, Charles Hansen and Caxton Brown were officially appointed commissioners of the newly formed Union County Park Commission. In December of that year, the commissioners met to begin the task of building a park system. Over the next few years, potential park land was visited, landscape architects were hired and Princeton graduate W. Richmond Tracy, Chief Bridge Builder for the Bronx River Parkway, became the first man on the Park Commission payroll as Engineer-Secretary.
Aug. 14, 1936…cites Tracy building two 1,300–foot toboggan runs at Galloping Hill golf course
tracy comes from Bronx river parkwy comm.
90th anniversary story
reference to book, “from plan to reality”
1924 article denying acquisition of echo lake club
green brook national historic site designation
cites pressure to get system going, look for tracy…pg 16