Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 Union County History Grant Program. These grants are made possible through funding from the New Jersey Historical Commission. Funds are then awarded locally, to historical groups by the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs through the Re-Grant Program.
“The Union County History Grant Program is an excellent opportunity to obtain funding that assists County historical groups with operating expenses and other costs,” said Freeholder Chair Bette Jane Kowalski. “The Freeholder Board is proud to afford community groups the opportunity to better position themselves and their projects for continued success.”
The 2019 Union County History Grant Program Awardees are:
- Cranford Historical Society $2,200, for General Operating Support.
- duCret School of Art: $1,000, historical preservation of donations to be cleaned, catalogued and displayed.
- Fanwood-Scotch Plains Rotary Frazee House, Inc.: $2,500, for design, development and production of marketing materials.
- Historic Midtown Elizabeth SID: $750, annual historic American Revolutionary War reenactment held during Four Centuries in a Weekend.
- Historical Society of Plainfield: $3,500, for General Operating Support.
- Historical Society of Elizabeth: $3,000, for General Operating Support.
- Linden Public Library: $1750, phase 2 of the digitization of Linden’s historic newspapers.
- Merchants & Drovers Tavern Museum Association: $2,000, for General Operating Support.
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum: $2,300, third year in a series of the Time Capsule Garden, featuring the year 1925.
- Springfield Free Public Library: $1,000, continuation of cataloging and accessioning of the collection in the library museum.
- Springfield Historical Society: $1,000, for General Operating Support.
- Union Township Historical Society: $2,000, for partial restoration and conservation of four historic documents.
- Visual Arts Center of New Jersey: $1,000, for continuation of Exhibitions Archives Project.
The two types of grants available through the History Re-Grant Program are:
- General Operating Support grants: These grants provide assistance for the basic costs of operation, including but not limited to programming, preservation of collections, salaries and marketing. These grants are for Union County based historical societies, house museums or historic sites only. The maximum grant request is $5000.00.
- Special Project grants: These grants support history organizations, museums, schools, libraries and similar organizations with collections or programming relating to Union County and New Jersey state history. The maximum grant request is $3500.00.
For more information on the Union County History Grant receive more information, call the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs at 908-436-2912 or email John Prescott, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all Union County programs and services visit ucnj.org, call the Public Info Line, 877-424-1234, email email@example.com or use the online Contact Form.
Connect with Union County on social media.