Access to capital is critical to many small businesses, yet most owners don’t understand how to determine what they qualify for, what money is available to them and the roadblocks they may face obtaining financing. This is a workshop created to address these issues, as well as inform business owners of what’s expected of them in obtaining capital. During the workshop, we’ll focus on the following areas:
- Financing options available to small businesses
- What lenders look for
- Matching the right financing program to your needs
- How to prepare for a meeting with a lender
- Identify issues that will “kill” your deal
How can you discover your female genius? Find the core strengths that you possess and exploit them! The concept is that you have instinctive talents that lie at the core of your being. Determine those talents in order to grow to your fullest potential. As women we handle things differently than men do and it is in those differences that we truly are unique. Learn to leverage and embrace your natural female strengths and differences.
- Capitalizing and leveraging your strengths.
- Understanding which skills you need to develop.
- Committing to the process that will help build the complete range of abilities you need for success.
Does networking make your heart sing, or your stomach drop? Do nerves cause you to verbal vomit? Go from phobic to fabulous as you gain confidence and rock the room! Leap from rock bottom fear to rock star networker. This lively session is for you if you’re…
- Intimidated or unsure how to maximize your investment at networking events
- Aching to tell your authentic story without sounding boring or salesy
- Eager to attract and grow relationships with more ideal clients
- Ready to walk away with clear next, best moves
Tales from the Front Lines: How Local Women Business Owners Continue To Beat The Odds
- Maureen Tinen, President, UCEDC (Moderator)
- Marcy Metz, President, BJ&M Auto Inc & ASISCO Automotive Company Inc
- LaTia McNeely-Sandiford, MSW, Founder & Executive Producer, Lions Vision Productions
- Stacey Welch, Owner, LiVay Sweet Shop
- *Surprise Guest Speaker* Details to Follow!
Are you considering opening your own business? Are you struggling to get off the ground with a business that you already own? Join us as these local women business owners share their stories of success despite facing obstacles and challenges along the way. Learn from their experiences and discover how you too can realize your dream of owning a profitable enterprise.
Starting a small business is a rewarding but risky proposition. Before you hang the “Open for Business” sign or get in too deep in your new venture, you should take an honest look at your preparedness to succeed. This workshop will guide you through the assessment process and introduce you to the tools you’ll need to start and grow your business. You’ll be better prepared to:
- Determine if you have the traits necessary to be a business owner
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and how they fit with business ownership
- Assess the feasibility of your business idea within your targeted market
- Conduct market research, business planning, and financial projections
The Art of The Ask: How to Ask for What You’re Worth
- Kay LiCausi, President & CEO, Hoboken Strategy Group (Moderator)
- Arlene Quiñones Perez, Partner, DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
- Grace Strom Power, Attorney, Eckert Seamans- Attorneys At Law
- Shawn Kathryn Laurenti, Founder & President, Laurenti Consultants, LLC
A women’s life is a series of negotiations! Learning to ask for what you want the right way can make all the difference! In the workplace alone, studies show that most women fail to negotiate their salary and lose up to $500,000 in income over the course of their career. Learn “the Art of the Ask” from our experts and earn what you are worth!