Union County, NJ – If you have concerns about cleaning up mold in your house, come to a free mold removal workshop in Plainfield on Saturday, April 25, 10:00 a.m. – noon at the Plainfield Family Success Center at 209 Berckman Street.
The workshops are presented by an experienced health and safety trainer from the New Jersey Work Environment Council and the International Chemical Workers Council for Health.
Attendees will learn how to spot mold and remove it safely.
The Plainfield event is one in a series of seven workshops already under way. Walk-ins are welcome but if you pre-register, you can receive a free mold kit and a moisture meter worth $75.00.
The remaining workshops are:
- Family Success Center, 209 Berckman Street, Plainfield on April 25, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (rescheduled from an April 18 date announced earlier).
- Borough Hall Court House, 210 Chestnut Street, Roselle on April 23, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Township Courthouse, 1409 Liberty Avenue, Hillside, on May 11, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Froehlich Building, 300 North Avenue East, Westfield, on May 20, – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Community Center, 220 Walnut Avenue, Cranford, on June 6, – 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
To pre-register for any of the workshops contact Andrea Navas, Public Health Planner, at the Union County Office of Health Management at 908-518-5630 or UCHEALTH@ucnj.org.