Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Elections has added four more dates the schedule of hands-on public demonstrations for Union County’s new ExpressVote XL voting machines this spring.
“The Union County Board of Elections is undertaking an aggressive outreach campaign to ensure our voters are educated on how to use the new machine prior to Election Day,” said Board of Elections Administrator Nicole DiRado. “We anticipate adding more preview demonstrations as Election Day comes closer, so please visit our website for the most up to date schedule.”
Voters in Westfield and eight other municipalities will use the new machines starting with the Primary Election on June 4, and the remaining 12 municipalities will use them starting with the General Election in November.
“The demonstration sessions are a good opportunity for voters, and the general public, to learn about new technology that helps ensure the integrity of our elections,” said Freeholder Chair Bette Jane Kowalski.
All demonstrations are open to the public, voters and non-voters alike, on a walk in basis.
Weekly public demonstrations are open to all County residents every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Colleen Fraser Building in the Union County Complex at 300 North Avenue East in Westfield.
Weekly demonstrations for all County residents are also available every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Union County Court House, at 2 Broad Street in Elizabeth.
One-day sessions are available to all County residents during the following dates and times at these locations (*indicates newly added date):
- April 5 – 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Mountainside Library, 1 Constitution Plaza
- April 8 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm, Union Township Public Library, 1980Morris Avenue
- April 11 – 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Summit City Hall, 512 Springfield Avenue (takes place during Summit Government Day)
- April 13 – 10:00am – 1:00pm, Garwood Municipal Hall, Council Chambers, 403 South Avenue
- April 15 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm, Kenilworth Public Library, 548 Boulevard
- April 15 – 3:00 pm – 7:30pm, Elizabeth Public Library, Main Branch, 11 S. Broad Street*
- April 22 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm Union Twp. Public Library, Vauxhall Branch, 123 Hilton Avenue
- April 23 – 1:00pm – 8:00pm Mountainside Municipal Building, 1385 Route 22E
- April 25 – 4:00pm – 7:30pm, Garwood Public Library, 411 Third Avenue
- April 26 – 9:30am – 4:30pm, Fanwood Public Library, 5 Forest Road
- April 27 – 9:00am – 5:00pm, Berkeley Heights Public Library, 110 Roosevelt Avenue
- April 28 –11:00am – 5:00pm, Trailside Nature and Science Center, 452 New Providence Road, Mountainside (takes place during the Wild Earth Festival and Touch a Truck events)
- May 1 – 4:30pm – 7:30pm, Liberty Hall center, 1085 Morris Ave., Union Township (takes place during Union County Cultural & Heritage Affairs Reception)
- May 4 – 10:00am – 1:00pm, Garwood Municipal Hall, Council Chambers, 403 South Avenue, Garwood
- May 5 – 12:00pm – 4:00pm, Elizabeth Public Library, Elmora Branch, 740 W. Grand St.*
- May 6 – 9:30pm – 4:30pm, Fanwood Public Library, 5 Forest Road
- May 6 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm, Kenilworth Public Library, 548 Boulevard
- May 9 – 12:00pm -8:00pm, Berkeley Heights Public Library, 110 Roosevelt Avenue*
- May 9 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm: Elizabeth Public Library, LaCorte Branch, 418 Palmer St.
- May 13 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm, Union Township Public Library, Vauxhall Branch, 123 Hilton Avenue
- May 14 – 3:00pm – 7:00pm, Union Township Municipal Building – 1976 Morris Avenue
- May 16 – 3:00pm – 7:30pm, Mountainside Public Library, 1 Constitution Plaza
- May 22 – 3:00pm – 7:00pm, Union Township Municipal Building, 1976 Morris Avenue
- May 23 – 12:00pm – 8:00pm, Berkeley Heights Public Library, 110 Roosevelt Avenue
- May 24 – 9:00am – 4:00pm, Garwood Public Library, 411 Third Avenue
- May 30 – 12:00 pm – 4:00pm, Elizabeth Public Library, Elizabethport Branch, 102-110 3rd Sreet*
- June 1 – 12:00pm – 7:00pm Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield (takes place during Union County Rhythm & Blues by the Brook music festival)
The new ExpressVote XL voting machines will be rolled out in two stages for the Primary and General elections.
Voters in Berkeley Heights, Elizabeth, Fanwood, Garwood, Kenilworth, Mountainside, Union and Winfield will use the new machines for the 2019 Primary Election on June 4. Westfield will continue to use the new voting machines, following the successful pilot program last year.
Voters in Clark, Cranford, Hillside, Linden, New Providence, Plainfield, Rahway, Roselle, Roselle Park, Scotch Plains, Springfield and Summit will use the new machines for the 2019 General Election in November.
For schedule updates and a video demonstration of the new machines, visit the Board of Elections online at ucnj.org/board-of-elections.
For additional information, or to schedule a demonstration for civic organizations and community groups, visit the Board of Elections online at ucnj.org/board-of-elections or call 908-527-4123.
Connect with Union County on social media.