Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Elections has added additional dates to the schedule of hands-on public demonstrations for Union County’s new ExpressVote XL voting machines this spring.
Voters in Westfield and eight other municipalities will use the new machines starting with the Primary Election on June 4, and the remaining 12 municipalities will use them starting with the General Election in November.
All demonstrations are open to all Union County residents, voters and non-voters alike, on a walk in basis.
Weekly demonstrations are being held every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Colleen Fraser Building in the Union County Complex at 300 North Avenue East in Westfield.
Weekly demonstrations are also available every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Union County Court House, at 2 Broad Street in Elizabeth.
The updated list of one-day demonstrations is as follows:
- May 14 – Union Township Municipal Building, 1976 Morris Avenue, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- May 16 – Mountainside Public Library, 1 Constitution Plaza, 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- May 19 – Kenilworth Street Fair, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- May 21 – Winfield Municipal Building, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- May 22 – Union Township Municipal Building, 1976 Morris Avenue 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- May 23 – Berkeley Heights Public Library, 110 Roosevelt Avenue, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- May 24 – Garwood Public Library, 411 Third Avenue, 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- May 30 – Elizabeth Public Library, Elizabethport Branch, 101-110 3rd Street, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- June 1 – Rhythm & Blues by the Brook free public music festival at Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- June 2 – Garwood Rocks (Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce), Center Street, Garwood 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
In addition, a demonstration will be held during the annual Union County Women Mean Business seminar and networking event at The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill in Kenilworth on May 22. Registration for the event is required at ucnj.org/ucmb/2019.
The new ExpressVote XL voting machines will be rolled out in two stages for the Primary and General elections.
Voters in Berkeley Heights, Elizabeth, Fanwood, Garwood, Kenilworth, Mountainside, Union and Winfield will use the new machines for the 2019 Primary Election on June 4. Westfield will continue to use the new voting machines, following the successful pilot program last year.
Voters in Clark, Cranford, Hillside, Linden, New Providence, Plainfield, Rahway, Roselle, Roselle Park, Scotch Plains, Springfield and Summit will use the new machines for the 2019 General Election in November.
For schedule updates and a video demonstration of the new machines, visit the Board of Elections online at ucnj.org/board-of-elections.
For additional information, or to schedule a demonstration for civic organizations and community groups, visit the Board of Elections online at ucnj.org/board-of-elections or call 908-527-4123.
Connect with Union County on social media.