Union County, NJ —The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders is pleased to present a selection of artwork that earned First Place honors at the 2019 Union County Senior Art Exhibit. The art, created by Union County seniors age 60 and above, will be on display at the Freeholders Gallery from July 11 through August 27.
“We have many talented senior adults here in Union County and their artwork reflects their experiences and creative spirits,” said Freeholder Chair Bette Jane Kowalski. “The Freeholder Board is proud to showcase the remarkable talents of our Union County residents and enable them to share their accomplishments with the community.”
The artworks in this gallery were selected by professional artists Hadieh Afshani, Alina Marin-Bliach, and Barbara Wallace.
The artworks on view at the Freeholders Gallery are:
- Oil painting by Arlene Carallo (Roselle)
- Drawing by William Connolly (Garwood)
- Watercolor painting by John Curch (Scotch Plains)
- Pastel by Nicholas Florio (Roselle Park)
- Photography by William Gardner (Winfield Park)
- Mixed media by Indira Govindan (Summit)
- Acrylic painting by Melvin Kevoe (Westfield)
- Printmaking (monoprint) by Janice Metzger (Westfield)
- Photography by Nancy Ori (Berkeley Heights)
- Watercolor painting by Rosanne Snarski (Springfield)
- Mixed media (collage) by Elizabeth Sutaria (Union)
- Oil painting by Anna Szabo (Union)
- Pastel by Barbara Uhr (Westfield)
- Acrylic painting by Pauli Verridicci (Springfield)
These artworks, along with first-place sculptures by Ron Brown (Cranford) and Jarrett Goldberg (Springfield), and first-place craft works by Robert I. Goldberg (Springfield) and Thelma Heard (Rahway), will travel on to the exhibit and competition at the 53rd annual New Jersey State Senior Citizens Art Show hosted by Meadow Lakes in East Windsor, on view from September 19 to October 24, 2019.
The public is invited to visit the Freeholder Gallery, located on the 6th floor of the Union County Administration Building at 10 Elizabethtown Plaza in Elizabeth, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Connect with Union County on social media.