Union County, NJ — The Union County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs is pleased to announce that five artists from Union County have been selected as award winners in the State’s 53rd Annual New Jersey Senior Art Show. The winning artists from Union County are:
- John Curch (Scotch Plains) – 1st Place, Watercolor by a Professional artist, for his painting It Was a Good Ride
- Nicholas Florio (Roselle Park) – 2nd place, Pastel by a Non-Professional artist, for his work First Responder
- Jarrett Goldberg (Springfield) – 3rd place, Sculpture by a Professional artist, for her work The Wall
- Rosanne Snarski (Springfield) – 3rd place, Watercolor by a Non-Professional artist, for her painting Central Park Boaters
- Ron Brown (Cranford) – Honorable Mention, Sculpture by a Non-Professional artist, for his work Brewing a Polyhedron Still Life – No Squares Required
“Union County has many talented artists so it is not surprising that so many great pieces of art were part of this year’s Senior Citizen Art Show,” said Freeholder Chair Bette Jane Kowalski. “The Freeholder Board congratulates all the winners and displaying artists for their hard work.”
The show, featuring almost 300 pieces of artwork, is currently on display in the main building of Meadow Lakes Senior Living, located at 300 Meadow Lakes in East Windsor. It will remain on display and open to the public Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., through October 24, 2019. The public can view the show, free of charge, during viewing hours. Groups of 6 or more must contact Meadow Lakes in advance by calling 609-448-4100.
This year’s exhibiting artists range in age from 60 to 101. Artwork in eleven categories is represented and is submitted by professional and amateur artists alike. A panel of three art experts juried the show. The New Jersey Senior Art Show is the culmination of a year of county-based Senior Citizen Art Shows held throughout the state. The work on display includes winners from each county. The artwork of 18 first place Union County artists will be on display.
The annual exhibit is co-sponsored by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and Mercer County’s Division of Culture & Heritage, with additional support from Meadow Lakes and the New Jersey Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
Connect with Union County on social media.