Union County, NJ – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020 Women of Excellence Awards. Ten Union County women were selected to receive awards for their outstanding contributions. The awardees will be honored at the annual Women of Excellence Gala Awards Dinner on March 27, 2020.
“For 28 years, the Freeholder Board has recognized women among us who lead, serve, and inspire. Through their work, they raise awareness about the influence of women in every sphere of the Union County community, from business and legal affairs to public service and education,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “We are proud to acknowledge their contributions towards a positive difference in the quality of life for everyone in the County.”
The Union County women being recognized for their accomplishments by the Commission on the Status of Women are:
- Women’s Advocacy – Margot Baruch – Mountainside
- Mental Health Advocacy – Joyce Benz – Springfield
- Volunteerism – Joan Crout – Westfield
- Environmental/Activism – Marian Glenn – Summit
- Education – Monica Goncalves – Elizabeth
- Lifetime Achievement – Sister Percylee Hart, RSM – Scotch Plains
- Healthcare – Pamela Palmieri – Fanwood
- Special Education Advocacy – Diana Pinto-Gomez – Fanwood
- Entrepreneurial/Medical – Nancy Polow, PhD. – Scotch Plains
- Government – Clara Fernandez – Elizabeth
Each awardee will be presented with an engraved Women of Excellence plaque and a Freeholder Resolution in their honor recognizing their impact on the Union County community.
The 2020 Women of Excellence Gala Awards Dinner will be held on March 27 at 6:00 p.m., at the Gran Centurions in Clark. The cost is $60 per person.
The Women of Excellence awards are sponsored by the Freeholder Board and the Union County Commission on the Status of Women, with the Union County Office on Women.
For any questions or to get more information about the Women of Excellence awards program and dinner, contact Nancy Malta, Commissioner Administrative Liaison at 908-527-4298 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jen Erdos, Secretary to the Commission on the Status of Women, at 908-527-4216 or email@example.com.
Connect with Union County on social media.