Union County, NJ – Union County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi reminds residents that her office has begun mailing Vote-by-Mail ballots to all registered Democratic and Republican voters in Union County. Unaffiliated voters who have already applied for a Vote-by-Mail ballot will also receive their ballots in the coming weeks.
The ballots and applications are being sent in waves to help ensure that the high volume of mail can be delivered in a timely manner by the U.S. Postal Service. The process is expected to be completed by the third week in June.
“When you receive your ballot or application, please fill it out and return it promptly in order to ensure that your voice is heard on Election Day,” said Ms. Rajoppi.
The following adjustments have been made to normal mail-in balloting procedures in Union County and throughout New Jersey by executive order of Governor Phil Murphy, as part of the statewide plan for preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- All registered Democrats and Republicans will automatically receive a Vote-by-Mail ballot in June.
- All registered voters who are not affiliated with a political party, and all inactive voters, will automatically receive a Vote-by-Mail application in June. These voters must fill out and return the application in order to receive their Vote-by-Mail ballot.
- Sample ballots will be posted on com prior to Election Day; they will not be mailed to voters.
The following deadlines apply for the July 7 Primary Election:
- Residents who wish to register to vote must do so by June 16. Registration forms are available online at com.
- Applications for a mail-in ballot must be filled out and returned to the County Clerk by June 30 in order to receive a mail-in ballot in time for the Primary Election.
- Mail-in ballots must be postmarked no later than July 7 and received by the Board of Elections no later than July 14.
“My office is working with officials in all 21 municipalities to help alert voters as to upcoming mailings and deadlines,” added Ms. Rajoppi.
For more information about the County Clerk’s election services visit unioncountyvotes.com, or contact the Elections Division at 908-527-4996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including guidance for the Test Center, visit ucnj.org/coronavirus-update.
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.